How would you feel seeing a New $300 Windows computer with DVD drive, VGA & HDMI video port, 1TB hard drive, 4GB RAM, 3.2 GHz CPU, wired networking?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I was surprise seeing a new $300 Lenovo 310 S Windows 10 Home 64bit Desktop tower PC with many features on sale at Bestbuy a few days ago.

It was surprising seeing a $300 Lenovo desktop computer with many features like an AMD A9 3.2 GHz dual-core CPU, 4GB DDR4 RAM, two RAM slots, AMD Radeon R5 onboard video chip, VGA and HDMI video ports, a empty PCI-express video card slot, empty pci-x slot, DVD-writer disc drive, 1TB 7200 RPM hard drive, multi-card memory card reader, wired gigabit Ethernet and wireless 802.11AC network cards, Bluetooth, USB Keyboard and mouse, 8 USB ports, a seperate microphone and sound card on the back and front, Windows 10 Home 64bit, power indicator light, and external 90 watt power adapter. The case was also made of metal which was surprising. It also had a 1 year warranty from Lenovo.

The $300 computer being upgradeable is the most surprising feature since most new $300 desktop and laptops I seen in the past because the RAM, CPU, and video chip were stuck on the circuitboard.

I remember a few years ago, $300 can only buy a new Google Chromebooks, cheap Android tablet, and slower cheap small laptops, and small basic desktop computers without disc drives, a few USB ports, HDMI, wi-fi, and a small 32 to 64GB flash memory chip drive.

Last edited:
I'd say it's an expensive paper weight. It will be junk before you know it.

I'd say it's an expensive paper weight. It will be junk before you know it.

It could be good for home computer users who mainly use web browsers, music and video players, LibreOffice, WordPad/Notepad, DVD disc burning software, watching DVD video disc with the DVD player software, and playing older games like Diablo, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Half-Life, and Minecraft, and web browser games like Runescape, and Facebook games.

Most computers made in the last few years csn run smaller Linux based Operating System like Puppy Linux, and Tiny Core Linux at a fast speed.

But, cheaper PC does not look fast enough for users who play a lot of newer PC games, or use more CPU and RAM heavy software like Microsoft Access and Photoshop.

To be honest....I would love to have a computer of, $300 Windows computer with DVD drive, VGA & HDMI video port, 1TB hard drive, 4GB RAM, 3.2 GHz CPU, wired networking

My laptop is on it's last legs and I would love to have a computer like that.

When I use a slower computer or tablet PC which belongs to school, work, and library, I rather use a newer $300 to $400 computer which has a faster CPU, more RAM, and faster hard drive with more storage space.

Some of those old computers at school, office, and library can be very slow, and unreliable. I also feel some of the installed software like file backup software maybe slowing Windows down on a work or school computer.

I also feel some of the installed software like file backup software maybe slowing Windows down on a work or school computer.
In general, you do backups after hours, not in work hours.

And no I wouldn't buy that Lenovo 310 S. That CPU is old as.

In general, you do backups after hours, not in work hours.

And no I wouldn't buy that Lenovo 310 S. That CPU is old as.

That is true, backups are usually done off work hours.

The CPU in the Lenovo 310 S is an AMD a9-9430 which was release in 2017 which is old, but not very old like the Intel Core2Dou from 2007.

I think this PC was designed for people who need to replace their old PC which they bought many years ago, but they don't want to spend more money on a more expensive PC, or build their own $300 PC with PC parts.

Back