HP is done making cheap tablets (for now)

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
HP says it’s done selling low-cost tablets and instead plans to focus on higher-priced, higher-quality devices. That’s according to a report from PC World, which notes that the only sub-$200 tablets currently listed on the HP website are out of stock.

Read More

This is too bad that HP is no longer making cheap tablets.

But, Amazon's Fire Tablets, Nvidia Shield 16GB Tablet, and Google Nexus 7 2013 are better alternatives than most cheap HP tablets.

I feel HP may also not do very well selling expensive tablets because people who want an expensive tablet will most likely buy an iPad, Nvidia Shield, or Microsoft Surface Pro tablet because they are more popular, and have more fans.

HP quality is bad in my experience compared to other big PC brands I use like Asus and Acer because HP PC and laptop break after a few years, and don't come with enough RAM, or storage space.

It's a tough market, even if cheap it has to be amazing.

It's a tough market, even if cheap it has to be amazing.

I agree, tablets are a tough market because people now expect cheap stuff to be amazing or at least good like Amazon Kindle Fire tablets or the $200 Shield Tablet from Nvidia.

It is also difficult to compete with Amazon's cheap $50-150 Fire tablets because Amazon now gives away a lot of paid apps for free, and if you subscribe to Amazon Prime, you get to view a lot of movies, tv shows, ebooks, games, etc which you can easily access on the Kindle Fire tablets.

Back