HP quietly installs spyware on its PCs | Engadget Today

You can get a free copy of W10 off of a MS site pretty easy and just burn a iso disc which he use. Thankfully all W10 machines come with their key burned into the mother board so it's just a simple process of throwing the OS on.

Far as I know, no store actually carries a install disc anymore.
I've actually seen packages of Windows 10 in local stores, though not sure whether it has a disc or a USB drive inside, or just the key and nothing else.
Burning ISOs is really for the more technical elite PC users like we are, and not sure about the other part because I bought 2 Surface tablets before (Pro and Pro 3), and neither came with a license at all.

Once I used the recovery partition form HP and it didn't work, I used a restore disk from Dell and it works. I also used restore disks from Lenovo and they works (at the time), so I think it hit and miss really.

sounds like we need an actual disk and not the partition.

sounds like we need an actual disk and not the partition.

I agree, a disc seem to work best. The disc also have disk checking and repair programs like chkdsk/scandisk which can repair less serious disk problems like marking bad sectors as bad.

Unfortunately, sometimes users need to format the drive, and repartition the drive to more quickly fix disk and OS problems without soending many hours fixing their PC.

The recovery partition also does not work if there is a disk problem where you need to repair the disk with scan disk first, or a software or disk hardware problem which cant be repaired,

Back