Humble Bundle

I've went on this website a few times and also brought around 2-3 humble bundles, great website to get a few indie games while supporting charities at the same time!

That is want I love about the site, it's goes for a good cause. I try to check there deals as often as I can.

I picked up a few bundles, the most recent being the Humble Sid Meier Bundle. I haven't actually got around to playing it yet but the reason I got it was for CIV V. It's nice how you get the codes to add the games to steam so you get all the achievements etc

Allan said:
Not sure if this sire is posted yet but they always have great deals on games.
https://www.humblebundle.com/
Most of those games are indie games. I am not a huge fan of indie games. I don't have it now but I had a $1,800 gaming rig. And I din't but it to play games with NES style graphics. I am staying far away from indie games until indie developers can make AAA graphics.

Greg

I have a gaming rig and I still support indie devs. Even if their games aren't always fantastic looking, they are pretty fun.. and if we don't support them they will never be able to make AAA games. They will always have to rely on the big wigs who take all the money

I have so many games on my Steam account thanks to this site! Games that I would not have tried otherwise, like Bastion or Super Meat Boy.

They also have some amazing AAA game bundles from time to time. I remember there was EA game bundle, that included Battlefield 3, Sims, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 1 & 3 and some other games I can't remember on the spot.

Also be sure to check their site every Thursday, because they have Weekly deals too that change on Thursdays!

Bought an Android pack from them awhile ago for a penny, mainly because I just wanted to gift it to a friend as a joke.
Well, he didn't know I only spent 1 cent for it and kept raving about how kind of me it was to do that just for him, the games were great, and he "owes me one."

I just kept my mouth shut, haha.

In any case, as mentioned I also purchased the RPG Maker sale that was out a few weeks ago. Truthfully, not sure if I'll ever use it, but it was such a great buying opportunity that "you never know."

Humble Bundle and Steam sales are a huge part of the overall devaluation of Video Games going on. Their deals are just too good.

Humble Bundle has flooded my library with so many games, it makes things actually affordable for me. It also gives you the chance to branch out and try new games and even gives back a little bit to charity as well. All in all it's a good system. Spend a little, get a lot. It's also teaching people that games don't need to be crazy expensive anymore. I'm actually really sad that I didn't learn about it until a few months ago because I could have certainly benefited from it.

There are also a lot of other sites which offer bundles as well. Sites like Isthereanydeal are great for comparing all the different bundles which are available at any one time. I've actually picked up a few different bundles since I found that site, although Humble Bundles always seem to be the best ones.

Humble Bundle "used" to be really amazing, but for some reason they have given in to popular demand and profit to make more shitty bundles. The thing is, we aren't getting less good bundles, we're just getting more bad ones. Before you would "never" see a bad bundle, but they were released with a HUGE time gap in between, and it felt like forever before you'd see another bundle. As it is now, they have several bundles running at the same time, and it seems they just never run out of new bundles to add to their site. Most of these are pretty shitty if you ask me, but as I said earlier, we aren't getting less good ones, and I'm glad that they have all these "shitty ones": because SOMEONE is sure to like these.

I used to be an avid HB-buyer, and I had a mindset to buy every humble bundle that came out after the Tripwire Weekly bundle (the one with Killing Floor/Red Orchestra). And I kept that up for a while, I even purchased the Double Fine Bundle for 70+$ (yup, I got the T-shirt. It's a nice T-shirt!). And most of the money I spent on HB, I gave to charity. Something that did upset me a bit was the fact that, after doing some research, I found the Child's Play charity to be quite horrible. It's not something that I would like to spend my money on, as it mostly seems to help American kids get a ton of games. Surely it's good that they have entertainment while being on the hospital, but it seems like it's a bit overdone. I mean... Just look att this video: http://youtu.be/YbXhzN191ao?t=2m9s

I mean seriously, they have THAT many games!? It's a bit too much. It just feels like they're spoiling the kids rather than giving them something to do. Wouldn't it be better to give the kids a book to read, so that they could get more educated? Yeah, I love games... But it just feels like... No. I'd rather give my money to children who needs water in Africa, than to children who wants to play video games at the hospital. Humble Bundle does have a lot of amazing charities every now and then though, but the "standard" ones (EFF and child's play) aren't too impressive if you ask me. Of course, I'd give them a few bucks again if I bought another bundle, but I wouldn't feel inclined to add a bunch more money to support the charities however, not now that I know what they do. EFF is quite good too, but still... I'd rather give my money to needing countries in Africa, or something like that, even if EFF is needed aswell.

Humble Bundles are pretty awesome. I think I bought one only once about a year ago. It was the indie package with Company of Heroes and some other games. I mean, you don't even have to pay that much for them, yet you get so much content. It's definitely worth looking into in my opinion. There's some pretty nice deals out there!

Humble Bundle has always been my favourite website to buy games for cheap. The major plus point is that people who would never donate to charity tend to do so when buying a good Humble Bundle. There have been many good Humble Bundles. I have myself purchased a lot of them. I bet more than half of my Steam Library are games from a Humble Bundle. In my opinion, Humble Bundle is one of the best deals ever made in the history of gaming.

I love Humble Bundle but lately the bundles have been really hit and miss, they either have a great pack of games or a bunch of stuff that no one has ever heard of or is interested in.
They added the books bundles which I've enjoyed though, especially the audiobooks.

I think the quality of the bundles dropped around the time they opened up the Humble Store, since when they have good games available they just put them for sale on the store, instead of putting them on a bundle.
I understand their side though, that's what gets them the most money and it's for a good cause so I'm OK with it :)

Back