Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So has anyone here ever play this series? I've kind of wanted to for sometime now as a guilty pleasure type of reason. I played the three main PS3 games despite the Vita/PC release being better.

It's basically just a magical girl based story line which is video game focused which makes and pokes fun at different series. The battle system is pretty weak and if you play this series its more for the interaction and storyline than anything else.

Like Final Fantasy games, there is no connection between the games so you're free to start at either one.

I love me some NepNep. Hyperdimension Neptunia is one of my favorite series out there. It's not the best and it has its flaws, but the games always deliver a fun time. I've played every Nep game to date (expect the original PS3 versions, which I plan to get still) and I'm looking forward to Cyberdimension Neptune: 4 Goddesses Online SO much.

Though I do have to correct something in your post. Some of the games are connected. Mk2/Re;Birth2, Victory/Re;Birth3 and V-II are connected and occur withing the same timeline. The first game isn't connected to the rest, although Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed does have connections to it. The rest of the spin-offs are not connected to any of the games via story (though they do have some random connections to them).

I love me some NepNep. Hyperdimension Neptunia is one of my favorite series out there. It's not the best and it has its flaws, but the games always deliver a fun time. I've played every Nep game to date (expect the original PS3 versions, which I plan to get still) and I'm looking forward to Cyberdimension Neptune: 4 Goddesses Online SO much.

Though I do have to correct something in your post. Some of the games are connected. Mk2/Re;Birth2, Victory/Re;Birth3 and V-II are connected and occur withing the same timeline. The first game isn't connected to the rest, although Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed does have connections to it. The rest of the spin-offs are not connected to any of the games via story (though they do have some random connections to them).

you're right, there is some connection between the 2nd and 3rd game but I'm just saying you don't need to play the second to fully enjoy the 3rd.

I need to get the game on PS4 though, badly itching to play it.

Back