I am announcing my abandonment of discord!

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice!
Staff member
Administrator
Manager
Lottery Manager
Awards
Credits
I am announcing my abandonment of discord right here and now!

I will no longer be accepting approval requests, nor will I be posting very much, if at all! I will not attend discord staff meetings, I will not be handling roles, and I will not be updating anything! Any sort of affairs regarding Nintendo 3DS Central or Gaming Latest shall be handled from the forums, and if there's any problems with discord stuff, let Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith or Revolved101 Revolved101 handle whatever their role can allow them to handle; I will not help you!

Any and all staff meetings will be held on a forum basis, or I will just have to miss them!

The server links will not be removed, the server will not be closed, nor will I close my account!

Demon_skeith and Revolved101 shall be granted full administration privileges for the server!

Last edited:
Any reason why?

Do what you want! I want to support and run communities that we have full control over, and not be subject to terms set by higher-ups! Not to mention the fact that these higher-ups can just decide to terminate us and then some if they can be given any good reason to do so! With self-hosted forums, almost no such thing could happen!

PLUS WHY THE **** ARE THE SIMPLEST FUNCTIONS ON DISCORD LOCKED BEHIND A GOSHDANG PAYWALL!!!!!!! YOU KNOW, ANIMATED GIFS AS AVATARS AND SMILIES!!!!!!!! I CAN UPLOAD MY OWN ANIMATED SMILIES AND USE ANIMATED AVATARS ON MY FORUM AND ALSO USE ANIMATED SMILIES AND AVATARS HERE AT ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKING COST!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU NEED AN EXPIRING SUBSCRIPTION JUST TO USE THEM!?!?!?!? TO HELL WITH DISCORD AND BACK!!!!! I'M GLAD I ABANDONED DISCORD!!!!!!!! FORUMS ALL THE FLIPPIN' WAY!!!!!!

And that's what I think! Anyone here who runs a forum and is one of their most precious things they own (MR. Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith !!!!!) would agree with me, right? Now that we've come to an understanding, check's in the mail!

Last edited:
So Discord is more evil than the evil Nintendo lawyers. Tiger21820 Tiger21820

There are VERY few things that top Nintendo's Lawyers, and Discord ain't one of 'em!

Last edited:
Uh I have better option We can have a Chat here on GL

Ohh, I was thinking that Gaming Latest needed a chatbox! Nintendo 3DS Central has one, so why not here?

Ok. I understand. One problem though.

What's discord?

It's like Skype but better. Can do group calls and chats.

I'm the only one really watching it. But no one is on, however, if we had a way to bump it on Disboard that's an idea.

I'm willing to put it to a vote.

Thanks for telling us that you will no longer be on Discord.
No problem! I will really only be checking in every now and again to see whats going on, but won't do much beyond that! But I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it!

Actually, the only thing that I will be logging on to discord for is to upload images to save server space for the Forums!

The discord server will be deleted on January 1st, 2024! Gaming Latest staff can make a new server to replace it!

Do what you want! I want to support and run communities that we have full control over, and not be subject to terms set by higher-ups! Not to mention the fact that these higher-ups can just decide to terminate us and then some if they can be given any good reason to do so! With self-hosted forums, almost no such thing could happen!

PLUS WHY THE **** ARE THE SIMPLEST FUNCTIONS ON DISCORD LOCKED BEHIND A GOSHDANG PAYWALL!!!!!!! YOU KNOW, ANIMATED GIFS AS AVATARS AND SMILIES!!!!!!!! I CAN UPLOAD MY OWN ANIMATED SMILIES AND USE ANIMATED AVATARS ON MY FORUM AND ALSO USE ANIMATED SMILIES AND AVATARS HERE AT ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKING COST!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU NEED AN EXPIRING SUBSCRIPTION JUST TO USE THEM!?!?!?!? TO HELL WITH DISCORD AND BACK!!!!! I'M GLAD I ABANDONED DISCORD!!!!!!!! FORUMS ALL THE FLIPPIN' WAY!!!!!!

And that's what I think! Anyone here who runs a forum and is one of their most precious things they own (MR. Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith !!!!!) would agree with me, right? Now that we've come to an understanding, check's in the mail!
You were really pissed from the way I see it and I understand you completely. The paywall is getting ridiculous everyday. I don't bother much about them as I barely chat there.

Back