I Bought The Cheapest Smartphone on Amazon...

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

This looks like a decent smartphone for someone who just need to use basic apps like Instagram, Facebook, and use the phone to make calls, and text.

I wonder how much money Amazon is making from selling this phone for $50, or if Amazon is selling these phones at a loss where they lose a few dollars by selling this phone for $50.

Good for those on a low/tight budget.

Well, I have some prejudiced opinions on cheap stuff.
Most of the time, products with defects are sold like that as far as I know or the faulty products found during the inspection.

My uncle got a cheap smartphone and it started overheating after just a day and he had to get rid of it. So no way, I will be going to cheap products anytime soon.

Well, I have some prejudiced opinions on cheap stuff.
Most of the time, products with defects are sold like that as far as I know or the faulty products found during the inspection.

My uncle got a cheap smartphone and it started overheating after just a day and he had to get rid of it. So no way, I will be going to cheap products anytime soon.

That is true cheap phones can overheat.

But, some users complain their more expensive phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and iPhone 6 overheat when they have many apps open, and during regular use like watching video on their phone.

That is true cheap phones can overheat.

But, some users complain their more expensive phones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and iPhone 6 overheat when they have many apps open, and during regular use like watching video on their phone.
Well, I am using samsung galaxy A5 for two years now and it't the 2015th version and I never experienced overheating. If I have been charging and using it for mobile hotspot, it will be more than warm to touch....but I don't think that's overheating.

I believe overheating is one thing, that should be avoided as it might make the set explode!

Well, I am using samsung galaxy A5 for two years now and it't the 2015th version and I never experienced overheating. If I have been charging and using it for mobile hotspot, it will be more than warm to touch....but I don't think that's overheating.

I believe overheating is one thing, that should be avoided as it might make the set explode!

The CPU, video chip, RAM, and circuit board on many cheap phones like flip phones, cordless home phones, eReaders, and most smartphones/tablets don't overheat because the electronic parts run at slower speeds compared to a faster phones like the iPhone X.

But, the battery can over heat if the phone factory uses bad batteries.

It can be difficult to figure out which phone batteries are overheating because some phones like Nokia phones have thicker plastic cases and users install protective cases which block most of the heat from reaching a users' hand, and the temperature sensor on phones are sometimes not accurate, or the phone maker may put a piece of tape over the sensor to trick users into thinking a battery is not overheating.

Exploding electronics is always a risk when using an electric powered device. I seen news reports of expensive smartphones, laptops, electric cars, and electronic cigarettes catching on fire, so spending more does not always guarantee that your electronics won't explode or catch fire because of overheating, or damage from a battery when bent or dropped.

The CPU, video chip, RAM, and circuit board on many cheap phones like flip phones, cordless home phones, eReaders, and most smartphones/tablets don't overheat because the electronic parts run at slower speeds compared to a faster phones like the iPhone X.

But, the battery can over heat if the phone factory uses bad batteries.

It can be difficult to figure out which phone batteries are overheating because some phones like Nokia phones have thicker plastic cases and users install protective cases which block most of the heat from reaching a users' hand, and the temperature sensor on phones are sometimes not accurate, or the phone maker may put a piece of tape over the sensor to trick users into thinking a battery is not overheating.

Exploding electronics is always a risk when using an electric powered device. I seen news reports of expensive smartphones, laptops, electric cars, and electronic cigarettes catching on fire, so spending more does not always guarantee that your electronics won't explode or catch fire because of overheating, or damage from a battery when bent or dropped.

Well I always believed that companies got a reputation to protect. So top companies would always go with the best stuff available in the industry. I have heard of electronics explosion too and that's a bit scary.

I really hope I don't have to witness or experience anything like that in my life time

Well I always believed that companies got a reputation to protect. So top companies would always go with the best stuff available in the industry. I have heard of electronics explosion too and that's a bit scary.

I really hope I don't have to witness or experience anything like that in my life time

Fewer big companies are owned by the original owner, and maybe own by new owners which mostly care about making money even if they ruin a company reputation by saving money by using poorer quality parts, lowly paid workers, or features which very few people wanted.

Many electronics explosions are from big brands like Samsung and Apple according to News stories on the local news, and news websites.

A Different Samsung Smartphone Exploded In Man's Hands
Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep

When big phone companies like Apple and Samsung make many millions of smartphones per year, there is a chance that a few smartphones will explode or catch on fire because the factory worker assembling the smartphone made a mistake, or forgot to install a safety device to prevent battery explosions. A wire or part inside the smartphone may of malfunction which accidentally cause the phone to catch on fire.

The chance of being a victim of an electronics explosion is rare because there is usually an electronics safety worker which inspects products to see they are safe, and not broken before shipping them to the public. But, there is always a chance that the safety inspector may not be properly trained, careless, having a bad day, and did not stop unsafe smartphones from being shipped to a store.

Fewer big companies are owned by the original owner, and maybe own by new owners which mostly care about making money even if they ruin a company reputation by saving money by using poorer quality parts, lowly paid workers, or features which very few people wanted.

Many electronics explosions are from big brands like Samsung and Apple according to News stories on the local news, and news websites.

A Different Samsung Smartphone Exploded In Man's Hands
Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep

When big phone companies like Apple and Samsung make many millions of smartphones per year, there is a chance that a few smartphones will explode or catch on fire because the factory worker assembling the smartphone made a mistake, or forgot to install a safety device to prevent battery explosions. A wire or part inside the smartphone may of malfunction which accidentally cause the phone to catch on fire.

The chance of being a victim of an electronics explosion is rare because there is usually an electronics safety worker which inspects products to see they are safe, and not broken before shipping them to the public. But, there is always a chance that the safety inspector may not be properly trained, careless, having a bad day, and did not stop unsafe smartphones from being shipped to a store.

Well, electronics tend to explode a lot. That's why even in software companies, there are so many fire extinguishers readily available. It's just that....well....humans are fragile unlike electronics. An electronic part can be replaced but for us, that's not the case....its just that, recently my mom got a video from a friend where some explosion was clearly shown...what disgusted me, is the person who recorded and distributed that.

Well, electronics tend to explode a lot. That's why even in software companies, there are so many fire extinguishers readily available. It's just that....well....humans are fragile unlike electronics. An electronic part can be replaced but for us, that's not the case....its just that, recently my mom got a video from a friend where some explosion was clearly shown...what disgusted me, is the person who recorded and distributed that.

I agree there are a lot of electronic explosions, and it is best to have a fire extinguisher available. Wearing protective clothing like a metal suit when using electronics can make most explosion related injuries less common.

The local news in many country always show shocking videos of explosions, so viewers may think it is fine to upload violent videos to get views, and money from ads because their local news station always show violent videos.

You say that, but I have my doubts you've seen people deal with addiction withdrawals. Some people can't deal with it and will lead to bigger issues. Not to mention the black market would swell with new business.

Well, I can understand that and it's true that I never witnessed anyone going through withdrawal symptoms personally but they have to stop somewhere before they do permanent damage to their bodies right?
I agree there are a lot of electronic explosions, and it is best to have a fire extinguisher available. Wearing protective clothing like a metal suit when using electronics can make most explosion related injuries less common.

The local news in many country always show shocking videos of explosions, so viewers may think it is fine to upload violent videos to get views, and money from ads because their local news station always show violent videos.
Shucks....that's insane!
I really can't believe people prioritize money over others lives and such.

Well, I can understand that and it's true that I never witnessed anyone going through withdrawal symptoms personally but they have to stop somewhere before they do permanent damage to their bodies right?

Shucks....that's insane!
I really can't believe people prioritize money over others lives and such.

Some people also post violent videos to get famous. There are violent videos posted to Facebook which does not pay members for posting videos, but members can get famous from posting violent videos.

Some people also post violent videos to get famous. There are violent videos posted to Facebook which does not pay members for posting videos, but members can get famous from posting violent videos.
Damn...I guess everyone got a cruel steak in them and they satisfy themselves by seeing violent videos.
I have heard of many things too but I never wanted to believe them.
I really hope, others would discourage these videos though.

Damn...I guess everyone got a cruel steak in them and they satisfy themselves by seeing violent videos.
I have heard of many things too but I never wanted to believe them.
I really hope, others would discourage these videos though.

I think some people may watch violent videos because their friends shared the video online, so they feel pressured to watch violent videos, and also share them with other friends.

There are people who discourage these videos, but there are also many people who watch violent videos.

Back