I started learning 3D modeling in Blender

Trilient

Content Creator Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style - Bold
Username Style
So I started learning how to do 3D modeling in blender. I've done graphic design for years and never gave this much though, but when I started learning I found it pretty enjoyable. I'm just doing basic stuff right now, but we'll see how far I can get. here's my first render:

BusterSSycles.png

Luckily, humble bundle has a game art bundle right now, including several courses through GameDev.tv for blender. It was an instant purchase for me since I've used GameDev.tv for Unity courses in the past.

Highly recommend buying the bundle while it's available if you're even remotely interested in making video game art or 3D models, they also have a course for drawing, pixel art and 3D compositing in film!!!!!

So I started learning how to do 3D modeling in blender. I've done graphic design for years and never gave this much though, but when I started learning I found it pretty enjoyable. I'm just doing basic stuff right now, but we'll see how far I can get. here's my first render:

View attachment 2402

Luckily, humble bundle has a game art bundle right now, including several courses through GameDev.tv for blender. It was an instant purchase for me since I've used GameDev.tv for Unity courses in the past.

Highly recommend buying the bundle while it's available if you're even remotely interested in making video game art or 3D models, they also have a course for drawing, pixel art and 3D compositing in film!!!!!
Nice!

So are you going to model Tifa next?

Nice work.

The sword model looks very nice. I like the shadow and light effects on your picture.

Reactions: cm2
Looks awesome. Is it quite difficult for a beginner? And what do you plan to design next?

Cool, are you enjoying it, that's the end result that I like to see. I myself;f have blender and used it. ;) I do skins or paint jobs with it regards MSFS2020

Looks awesome. Is it quite difficult for a beginner? And what do you plan to design next?
This design wasn't too bad no, but as I dive further into more advanced concepts some stuff is hard to wrap my brain around. Just gonna keep trying though!

I follow someone on youtube who went this route and said its a lot harder to deal with but gives better results. Hopefully it works out for you.
Yeah, having the ability to create 3d models and graphics will increase the amount if things I can do with video editing and graphic design tenfold. It's an extremely useful skill, which is why I'm learning it.
Cool, are you enjoying it, that's the end result that I like to see. I myself;f have blender and used it. ;) I do skins or paint jobs with it regards MSFS2020
I'm enjoying it so far yep.

Reactions: Ash
Back