I would be getting Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition to

Awards
Credits
I.e. they come out today in the UK and that's when they were expected to arrive, however, I won't get them until Wednesday.
Wanna know why?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11883714

Perhaps they got cold feet?
tongue.gif

Compared to what we usually get, I'd say this is the most snow we've ever had in this area that I've actually seen. I can't tell exactly, but I'd say you could easily bury a Wii under there, standing vertically, or something. I'll estimate the depth at around 30+cm (or about 11.8 feet or more). November was a very odd month, since near the beginning, one area recorded a record temperature of about 18C, and that same area recorded temperatures below negative double figures (i.e. below -10). Apparently -21 was recorded in Scotland a couple of days ago. If any British people thought the 2009-2010 winter was bad, this is probably getting on for the worst winter for some time (meteorologically, that is).

Last edited by a moderator:
And I bet you got it even worse, right?

I was charged £2.39 for the shipping of both items, which never came today.... so what did Amazon do? To put it a simple way, they gave the money back.

Also, what is everyone's general opinion of DKCR? Since it's only out in America AFAIK, only people who have played the game will be able to really say how good it is. Non-Americans can say how good it is, from reviews, clips and screenshots, but there's nothing that beats actually playing the game to truly see how good (or bad) a game is.

I understand your pain Sir Loinofbeef. This ridiculous cold spell has made it impossible to really do just about anything in the UK, and it sucks even more when it crosses over with a day when there's two video game releases.

Still, look on the bright side, the games are both apparently fantastic.

I've probably said this, but just incase I haven't, just remember.... ignoring the waste of a CD containing 55 minutes of wasted space, and only 10 songs on it, and the booklet, and the fact that it's on a Wii disc, it is nothing more than the SNES game Super Mario All-Stars, so don't expect anything special on the game. I still think they should have done more for the CD.

Compare the 25th anniversary CD, to the 20th anniversary CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back