Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So I'm guessing about a year from now, the game world will be hyping up the near release time of the PlayStation 5. So I'd say roughly around 2023 is when I get a PS5 as that is when the 'Pro' version releases.

4 Years should be enough time for me to play out my PS4 backlog and show my Switch some love. Maybe even backtrack to some awating games on my PS3.

Hopefully, the PS5 can play older games, and also can play DVD movie discs.

still nothing solid on that, sounds like it will but maybe not all titles according to cm2 cm2

True according from stuff I read. though they are working on it. Hopefully the big ps4 games, especially jrpgs are going to work just fine on Ps5.

I can't imagine it not coming with a blu-ray/dvd player.

I read online that companies need to pay some sort of a licensing fee to include DVD on DVD players and operating systems like Windows which is one of the reasons that Windows 8 and 10 no longer includes DVD movie playback, so Windows 8 and 10 cost less to make.

I think Blu-Ray movie playback would be included for sure because many people will use their PS5 as a Blu-ray player.

I'm looking to upgrade to the PS5 when it comes out, if the prices isn't too crazy. I'm making the jump to a 4K television set next year and I'll need a 4K Blu-Ray player.

I read online that companies need to pay some sort of a licensing fee to include DVD on DVD players and operating systems like Windows which is one of the reasons that Windows 8 and 10 no longer includes DVD movie playback, so Windows 8 and 10 cost less to make.

I think Blu-Ray movie playback would be included for sure because many people will use their PS5 as a Blu-ray player.

I'm pretty sure Sony is the DVD holder rights (or maybe I'm thinking blu-ray?), so they can include it at no extra fee. I know this is a reason that MS wants to go discless with the Xbox.

I'm looking to upgrade to the PS5 when it comes out, if the prices isn't too crazy. I'm making the jump to a 4K television set next year and I'll need a 4K Blu-Ray player.

Ditto, I'm getting myself a 4k and feel my eyes melt away :p

Back