froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The Indian government is expanding its scheme to bring affordable computing to the education sector by announcing that a tablet costing just £14 will launch in India in 2014.

The Aakash 4 will feature a seven-inch scratch resistant touchscreen. It will support wifi, 3G and 4G connectivity and will have 4GB of internal storage. Users will be able to add external memory cards with storage capacity of up to 32GB.

Read more

I'm amazed that India's government can build a tablet, and sell it for £14 which is cheaper than many less advance electronics like MP3 players, Universal remote controls, and graphing calculators.

The cheap price of this tablet proves most of us are all over paying for our electronics, computers, and other electrical goods since the Indian government can create a cheap tablet which has decent features without raising the price where it costs too much cash.

I'm also surprised that this tablet has a scratch resistant touchscreen, 3G and 4G connectivity, and supports external memory cards which are not found on tablets which cost hundreds of dollars more.

There is a lot of technology in them but there is not a lot of expensive parts. Plastic and medel mostly.

The wages for hiring the workers in India to mine metal, and make plastic is cheaper, and the cost to hire workers to assemble tablets may only cost a few dollars or less an hour compare to wages in western countries like the US where most jobs where you use a hammer, wrench, screwdriver, or work in a mine are usually higher paying jobs.

Back