INTEL AMT SECURITY ISSUE LETS ATTACKERS BYPASS LOGIN CREDENTIALS IN CORPORATE LAPTOPS

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Helsinki, Finland – January 12, 2018: F-Secure reports a security issue affecting most corporate laptops that allows an attacker with physical access to backdoor a device in less than 30 seconds. The issue allows the attacker to bypass the need to enter credentials, including BIOS and Bitlocker passwords and TPM pins, and to gain remote access for later exploitation. It exists within Intel’s Active Management Technology (AMT) and potentially affects millions of laptops globally.

F-Secure Press Room | Global

I wonder what are the chances of users winning money from a court case against Intel because they got hacked by a hacker who uses the Intel AMT security problem to hack a laptop. Some Intel users may sue Intel for selling them an defective product which is not safe to use, and put users at a greater risk for getting hacked.

I would say, the chance is extremely high.

I think the chances are high for Intel to losing lawsuits as well unless the US government and court protects Intel from lawsuits like how some rich people don't go to jail for braking the law, or only does community service and go to jail for a few days to months.

Back