froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The rumored impending death of the 3.5mm audio jack, at least in the smartphone industry, has people worked up into a frenzy. There are some arguments about why ditching it for USB-C would be best; there are ample arguments about why the transition would be a mistake. Some vow to never buy a phone that doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack; others say Bluetooth is the way of the future anyway, so who cares? Intel, it seems, is voting for that rumored USB-C headphones future, and it says there are some why it makes sense.

Read More

I think there will always be people who prefer regular 3.5mm headphones.

I bet, phone makers will not include a 3.5mm headphone jack to save money because they would no longer need to install a 3.5mm headphone jack and the extra chips and circuits which are needed to convert the digital signal to an analog sound signal to work on 3.5 mm headphones.

Phone makers can also save money by making thinner phones which don't need as much plastic to cover the extra thickness of the headphone jack.

I really don't know enough to say which is better, I just care is that something will work.

Back