Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At first I dismissed this as internet-Apple-hatery, but then, Apple itself responded to the accusations with a statement that boils down to: "You're holding it wrong." Hm.

Specifically, Apple's PR department said:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

So my question: How big a deal is this? Are you up in arms over the fact that Apple would release a product with a design flaw, and then expect users to hold the phone differently or buy another product?

source

huge design flaw is huge!

If I were shelling out the kind of cash needed to buy one in the first place, you had better believe that I'd be a bit pissed about this. For the amount of money people would be paying for this, the least that Apple could do would be to release a device that doesn't have this problem.I hope they release them with fixes to this flaw and then issue a recall for the first set.

I wonder if Apple ever get this fix. I will feel ripped off if I got a cell phone with bad reception.

they claim you are using it wrong, so no frog there will be no recall unless a mob holds steve jobs by the neck and make him.

I'm guessing this means that people don't read the instruction manual or apple was completely silent on this problem until someone spoke up.

I think that Apple is just being lazy, and this is the kind of thing that will give their competitors an advantage.

Oh, and that explanation about it happening with any mobile is bullshit. I have never had this issue with ANY phone I have ever owned. The only time I have ever experienced a loss of reception, is if I was going through a place that had very little to none, there was a problem with the network, or if the actual antenna itself was broken. I have never lost reception simply because I was holding it wrong.

Back