froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Hopefully, the guy's thigh will recover from his iPhone X explosion. It is scary that some smartphones explode, and hurt the user.

Damn, there goes Apple, copying Samsung yet again.

I wonder if this one will be banned by the TSA too..

But seriously they need to do something about the batteries or go back to when they were removable. The Note 7 issues started just as they had decided to ditch removable batteries that year.
Tbh it does seem like a random freak accident for the user in the video, and according to other articles, the incident happened in 2019.

Since there’s really only articles about this guy, and only about 2-3 other incidents with other iPhone models (one of which the guy admitted to buying a cheap third party replacement battery), and none of which have photographic evidence of the devices, I’d chalk it up a couple of isolated freak accidents, as opposed to design flaws.

Compare that to the Note 7 where there were several articles with photos and videos of the phones catching fire. Or with the initial review units of the Galaxy Fold where every reviewer had screen issues. Then there was, iirc, the iPhone 6 with what people dubbed as bendgate where several phones were bending just from people having the phone in their pocket.

I think with bendgate it was an issue with the quality of the aluminum for the phone's chassis. It might've been too weak. I have had quite a few phones and Note cases made with aluminum that didn't have this issue.

And yeah I remember that about the fold, my husband wants one but it just seems like a gimmick to me.

I think this is the first Apple device I've heard of exploding unless I've just not paid enough attention to it. Kind of crazy that something like this can randomly happen.

This is just a reminder that we all carry around miniature bombs everyday, sure they aren't supposed to blow up, but can. I really should stop carrying my phone in my left jacket breast pocket.

I think with bendgate it was an issue with the quality of the aluminum for the phone's chassis. It might've been too weak. I have had quite a few phones and Note cases made with aluminum that didn't have this issue.

And yeah I remember that about the fold, my husband wants one but it just seems like a gimmick to me.
A lot of new tech is kind of gimmicky when it comes out, it's like when smartphones were coming out, everyone thought it was a gimmick. If they can get the price and durability down, who knows, it might kick off. Though only time will tell with that though.

A lot of new tech is kind of gimmicky when it comes out, it's like when smartphones were coming out, everyone thought it was a gimmick. If they can get the price and durability down, who knows, it might kick off. Though only time will tell with that though.

If everyone thought cell phones were a gimmick, they were just slapping on labels. Now 3D tvs, that was a gimmick.

This is just a reminder that we all carry around miniature bombs everyday, sure they aren't supposed to blow up, but can. I really should stop carrying my phone in my left jacket breast pocket.

Hopefully, new batteries in the future won't blow up.

Maybe using a small bag to carry a smartphone can be safer since the bag is not as close to your body.

Thing is though a lot of "new features" are gimmicks..

I mean Apple does what they do because they see lucrative sales in accessories.

They have been doing what they do since the iPod.

iPods were shit compared to literally every other MP3 player out there, including Creative's Zen line, and just about every feature Creative players had out-of-the-box, required a dongle for the iPod.

So Apple has applied that logic to their mobile devices and they get away with what they do because, per their court wars with Samsung, they think their users are iDiots.

Many of their issues with Samsungs GALAXY line was not that they looked similar, which they didn't, but they thought their users would be to dumb to know the difference between the two.

And Samsung, as sad as it is, is determined to follow them off a cliff. As shown by their removal of the headphone jack, and locking their devices down to the extent that Apple does.

This is primarily the reason why I don't use Samsung phones anymore.. and have since moved on to LG.. and apparently devs have done the same since I see loads of development on XDA for LG devices from former Samsung devs..

If everyone thought cell phones were a gimmick, they were just slapping on labels. Now 3D tvs, that was a gimmick.
I said smartphones, not cell phones. You don’t remember when everyone thought they were just expensive toys? “Who needs apps on a phone? Why do I need to check the internet on a phone? I have a computer”. That was in like 2007 up to 2012 when more people started getting them.

They might have done it for cell phones, but that was before I was born. Probably for the old Motorola’s that basically came in brief cases.

Though yeah, 3D tv’s were definitely a joke.

I said smartphones, not cell phones. You don’t remember when everyone thought they were just expensive toys? “Who needs apps on a phone? Why do I need to check the internet on a phone? I have a computer”. That was in like 2007 up to 2012 when more people started getting them.

They might have done it for cell phones, but that was before I was born. Probably for the old Motorola’s that basically came in brief cases.

Though yeah, 3D tv’s were definitely a joke.

ahh, my bad on that.

What is with people's phones blowing up?

I normally carry mine in my back pocket of my jeans.....maybe I should quit doing that.

What is with people's phones blowing up?

I normally carry mine in my back pocket of my jeans.....maybe I should quit doing that.

I think its a small few cases getting big insight, but again, it is a reminder we are carrying bombs around with us daily. They aren't supposed to blow up, but they can.

Reminds me when a lady brought in her laptop once and the whole keyboard section was swelling, I told that lady to back the fuck away as we dispose of the laptop safely.

I think its a small few cases getting big insight, but again, it is a reminder we are carrying bombs around with us daily. They aren't supposed to blow up, but they can.

Reminds me when a lady brought in her laptop once and the whole keyboard section was swelling, I told that lady to back the fuck away as we dispose of the laptop safely.

I wonder if the number of cases are actually a few small cases. I feel there are users with exploding and swelling batteries who may agree to not talk about their exploding phone with anyone after getting a large cash settlement for damages from theur phone company.

I wonder if the number of cases are actually a few small cases. I feel there are users with exploding and swelling batteries who may agree to not talk about their exploding phone with anyone after getting a large cash settlement for damages from theur phone company.
I don’t think phone carriers have anything to gain by paying their customers for an NDA on an exploding phone if they can easily shift the blame on the manufacturer and wipe their hands clean. Just look at the Note 7.

Back