Iron Knuckles or Darknuts?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Which do you think is the better knight like, mini boss strength Legend of Zelda enemy and why?

And out of curiosity, why did they bring back Iron Knuckles for the Nintendo 64 titles, but Darknuts for all the later ones?

Oh, and did the DS ones not seem to have either?

I like the Iron Knuckles better. I think they are slower than Darknuts but they can deal a lot more damage with one attack. Also, when have you seen a Darknut smash a temple pillar?

I like the Iron Knuckles better. I think they are slower than Darknuts but they can deal a lot more damage with one attack. Also, when have you seen a Darknut smash a temple pillar?

In Windwaker. When trying to get the triforce charts.

Dark nuts, there just, bada$$!

Darknuts! I like fihgting them better and they look cooler.

200px-Iron_Knuckle.png

Really? Personally I like the more "old world" style of armor that the Iron Knuckles have.
According to Zeldapedia:
They were distinguished from Darknuts of previous games by their use of huge axes, capable of taking four hearts from Link at every swing, making them the strongest recurring enemy in the games.

200px-Iron_Knuckle.png

Really? Personally I like the more "old world" style of armor that the Iron Knuckles have.
According to Zeldapedia:
They were distinguished from Darknuts of previous games by their use of huge axes, capable of taking four hearts from Link at every swing, making them the strongest recurring enemy in the games.

I like this look the best

I liked the handling of Darknuts better (though I really thought of the two as pretty much the same thing) mostly because of how the games with Darknuts in them had more sword controls and you had to actually have some skill in order to take them down. With the Iron Knuckles in OoT3D, I would simply jump back and lunge forwards a few times and it would die. Maybe I was using the Biggoron Sword, but it felt exceptionally easy this time around compared to when I was a kid.

They both suit where they are. When I went at them in OoT & MM, link didn't have much of an attack set, so they made them a bit difficult. As the opposite when I Played TP. Link could get a whole lot of new moves, thus making the darknut harder with more than just forward-backward slice and downward smash. But I veer more towards the darknut because after you destroy the iron knuckle's armor, it's completely vulnerable to whatever you throw at hit that can deal damage. (can't remember if the nuts do or not.)

Dark nut I prefer except for TWO exceptions. They are hell in the normal Legend of Zelda for the NES and Minish Cap. But I just prefer Darknuts for they have such different variety of looks

The best way to solve this dispute is to make a Darknut and an Iron Knuckle fight each other...

Back