Is A $10 Android Smartphone Worth It!?!? (ZTE Speed)

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I had a super impulse buy in Best Buy yesterday. I stumbled upon the ZTE Speed, a $10 prepaid android phone that actually WORKS. Yeah, I was surprised myself. Check out the video to see how it fares!

The phone seems to run okay for a $10 smartphone. I bet, this cell phone is sold for a loss, and the monthly prepaid plans/cards, and overage fees for using too much data are very expensive.

This phone is cheaper than some cell phone chargers like the iPhone charger or the extended warranty for more expensive smartphones like the iPhone.

My issue with cell phones is I never get a clear speaking signal like with landlines. Seems like these cheap ones would sacrifice on that.

My issue with cell phones is I never get a clear speaking signal like with landlines. Seems like these cheap ones would sacrifice on that.

I agree the audio quality would not be as good on these cheap phones.

If the un-clear audio signal is related to the mic, or phone speaker, using an external wired or eireless headset may fix audio problems.

Unclear reception and audio could be the cell phone service provider having problems with sending and receiving calls, or compressing voice calls too much to save bandwidth, and electricity.

If the un-clear audio signal is related to the mic, or phone speaker, using an external wired or eireless headset may fix audio problems.
I never seen a phone that use a extermal mic, however that only comes down to using bluetooth in cars and wouldn't be any use elsewhere.

I never seen a phone that use a extermal mic, however that only comes down to using bluetooth in cars and wouldn't be any use elsewhere.

The headphone jack on most Android and older Apple phone is also the headset jack. Users can also use a wireless bluetooth headset as well.

Many headphones now has a built-in external mics for smartphones, tablets, and some computers like laptops, and mini-computers,

Back