Is Alienware Working On A Gaming Tablet?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
On Thursday, during an Ask Me Anything session on Alienware Arena, General Manager Frank Azor hinted that the company may be working on a gaming handheld/tablet. More specifically, he said that there's a good chance the device is in development, but the company is not ready to announce anything at this time. We expect to hear more during E3 2015 this June.

"Nothing to announce about a new tablet yet but it's a space we are looking at and have been for a while now," he said.

As for the current Alienware Alpha "console," Azor said that the company is happy with the sales numbers thus far. He didn't provide any specifics but instead said that Alienware is satisfied with the response the company has received from Alpha owners. He also provided insight into the company's hardware refresh schedule, reporting that it could be once a year or every two years, max.

Read More

I hope the Alienware handheld Gaming tablet would be affordable like the Alienware Alpha which cost $499 and up.

It's good to know that Alienware maybe making different types of gaming devices like gaming tablets, and a PC game console.

A gaming tablet? Wow, I've never heard of that concept before... I wonder if they will focus on mobile gaming or if the tablet will have a keyboard that can make it transform into a mini-laptop like the Microsoft Surface devices...

I think the Gaming tablet would be like a large handheld which can play PC and mobile games with a built-in controller, or controller accessory.

I always thought Alienware had a gaming tablet.

Back