Is anyone else really glad Nintendo exists and still makes games?

I heard Sony was in more of a rut than Nintendo is. Honestly, we'd lose a great gaming selection if we lost Nintendo, since they targeted the audience that not many other companies seem to care about. I'd rather Square Enix to run into the ground than have Nintendo go. In my opinion, focusing on games to be directed towards the teen to immature adults is merely a trend that's lasted for the last 4 years. It'll soon be realized that the trend's starting to die out, and then what will those companies do as Nintendo starts claiming the video game industry again? I would prefer Sony and Microsoft to focus there approach to an all-around audience than have anyone go bankrupt.

Global economy is also another thing we want to look at, to explain why there's drops all over the industry.

Either way, XBox and PlayStation sure, they have Blops and SportYear and whatever else that's the same, but there's still unique diversity for each console, and Nintendo's first party games, by and large haven't changed any more than Blops2 has, Mario still collects coins over a platforming level to save the Princess.

Nintendo was the leading gaming industry until the GameCube (can't imagine why) thier games are still the best for thhe old school gamer, I mean, I love the Nintendo made games on all systems, but Microsoft and Sony started appealing to the more mature gamer. Nintendo is still my favorite however, due to the charm of the games. Challenging, playful, and always guaranteed to have a good time with your friends and family, which is always better than getting shot at by a 5 year old playing Call of Dooty.

Either way, XBox and PlayStation sure, they have Blops and SportYear and whatever else that's the same, but there's still unique diversity for each console, and Nintendo's first party games, by and large haven't changed any more than Blops2 has, Mario still collects coins over a platforming level to save the Princess.

I'd argue that there was noticeably more change between Black Ops and BO2 than there have been in the last 3 "New Super Mario Bros" games. :/

I'll tell you all where Nintendo went wrong, though. The Wiimote. STUPIDEST fucking idea for a controller ever. They totally fucked themselves with it. Nintendo, being a first-party developer for its own system, is the ONLY company that honestly wants to spend the time fucking with a control system that has a control stick wired up to a motion-sensing TV remote. A more GameCube-esque controller with an optional accelerometer, and an actually decently powerful system would have been great for them, but they shot themselves in the foot, especially releasing a full year after the 360. Targetting family gamers was Nintendo's spur of the moment "plan B" and it worked out *alright* for them.

Case and point: Tales of Vesperia was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's the tenth installment in the "main storyline" of the Tales of series, and the first to make it to a Microsoft console. Also the first to have no planned release date (there may have been 1 or 2 others, I didn't dig that deep) for a Nintendo console (although release for the Wii U has been talked of, how long has the game been out? 3 years?). Why do you think a third party like Namco would suddenly favour Microsoft over Nintendo after so many years? You may recall when the Wii and PS3 rolled out, the PS2 was still marketed for almost a full year, with games being made for it. You may also remember that most games with a PS3, 360 and Wii version also had a PS2 version of the game, with the PS3 and 360 versions being identical, as well as the Wii and PS2 versions. In what case should a next-gen console be running last-gen console games? None. :/ But it makes it pretty clear to me that devs don't want to waste their time trying to make good games for the Wii, especially if Nintendo is trying to sell their console to everybody's grandmother.

Holy christ, that was an incredibly biased and offensive post to people who enjoy more than just Nintendo games.

I'll have to agree.

Let's face it, people. The industry does not depend on Nintendo AT ALL. If Nintendo quit making games, only the young kids and "family gamers" would be affected. The gaming industry is FOR teens and "immature adults," and the companies targeting that audience are the ones doing it right. Nintendo has been chasing cars since they rolled out the Wii, and are on track to go bankrupt.

Not even close, Nintendo has no debt, and we all know that in order to declare bankruptcy, you need to have debt, right?

Let's not forget you pointed out that Nintendo's share prices were at an all-time low just a few months ago, and they haven't done anything significant to reverse that. Notice how Nintendo is suffering and the industry is not...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459131

Yes... just Nintendo...

(Sony is posting bigger losses and their debt to equity ratio is a whopping 54.77!!!)

I'll tell you all where Nintendo went wrong, though. The Wiimote. STUPIDEST fucking idea for a controller ever. They totally fucked themselves with it. Nintendo, being a first-party developer for its own system, is the ONLY company that honestly wants to spend the time fucking with a control system that has a control stick wired up to a motion-sensing TV remote. A more GameCube-esque controller with an optional accelerometer, and an actually decently powerful system would have been great for them, but they shot themselves in the foot, especially releasing a full year after the 360. Targetting family gamers was Nintendo's spur of the moment "plan B" and it worked out *alright* for them.

Case and point: Tales of Vesperia was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's the tenth installment in the "main storyline" of the Tales of series, and the first to make it to a Microsoft console. Also the first to have no planned release date (there may have been 1 or 2 others, I didn't dig that deep) for a Nintendo console (although release for the Wii U has been talked of, how long has the game been out? 3 years?). Why do you think a third party like Namco would suddenly favour Microsoft over Nintendo after so many years? You may recall when the Wii and PS3 rolled out, the PS2 was still marketed for almost a full year, with games being made for it. You may also remember that most games with a PS3, 360 and Wii version also had a PS2 version of the game, with the PS3 and 360 versions being identical, as well as the Wii and PS2 versions. In what case should a next-gen console be running last-gen console games? None. :/ But it makes it pretty clear to me that devs don't want to waste their time trying to make good games for the Wii, especially if Nintendo is trying to sell their console to everybody's grandmother.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/378029/features/revolution-the-story-of-wii/?page=1#top_banner

Read that and then go tell Nintendo they would have been better off doing more of the same. BTW, the GC sold less than the N64, the N64 sold less than the SNES, and the SNES sold less than the NES. Nintendo decided to stop fighting a losing war and actually innovate (you know, not the usual "we'll upgrad the ram, gpu, and cpu, add a little more storage and call it a day")

I'm super glad actually. My very first gsme console from them was the Nintendo 64 and the games for it were so cool. If Nintendo stopped making games, i would die.

Back