Is Auto-braking features in cars not worth it?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel the auto-braking feature can be a waste of money, and cause you to spend more money on auto-brake parts repairs if the sensors, computer, and hardware related to autobraking breaks because of a car crash which break them, rust, and old age like most electronics and stuff which move.

Auto-braking maybe dangerous if the computer in a car with autobraking suddenly decides to stop the car in the middle of a fast road like a highway, and you got rear ended by a bus or truck following you closely, or you suddenly auto-brake in the middle of a train crossing, and a train is coming.

Last edited:
Considering its suppose to stop a crash at the last second, I say it would be worth it.

Considering its suppose to stop a crash at the last second, I say it would be worth it.

In some situations auto-braking can make a drivers life less safe. Drivers sometimes need to crash through something breakable like a closed broken garage door on a burning building. The garage door motor can become damage in a fire, so the only way to save yourself and your car is to crash through the door or a wall if the wall is made of soft wood. Your car would be damaged from crashing into a garage door, but it is better than your car catching on fire inside a burning garage, and you being burned alive if there is no other unlocked door to escape from a fire. If there is a tornado, mudslide, or forest fire, drivers may need to quickly crash through a wood fence, bushes, and other objects to drive to safety.

In some situations auto-braking can make a drivers life less safe. Drivers sometimes need to crash through something breakable like a closed broken garage door on a burning building. The garage door motor can become damage in a fire, so the only way to save yourself and your car is to crash through the door or a wall if the wall is made of soft wood. Your car would be damaged from crashing into a garage door, but it is better than your car catching on fire inside a burning garage, and you being burned alive if there is no other unlocked door to escape from a fire. If there is a tornado, mudslide, or forest fire, drivers may need to quickly crash through a wood fence, bushes, and other objects to drive to safety.

This is true in a lot of rare situations, but hopefully its something that can be disabled.

This is true in a lot of rare situations, but hopefully its something that can be disabled.

I feel new drivers, and people who are used to driving classic cars and most older used cars from the 1990s may have problems finding the button for quickly disabling auto-breaking. The button or the auto-braking computer may break because of rust, or electrical problems from bugs and rats chewing on the wiring and connectors, so the disable button may not work when you need to use it.

Not spending a extra second pressing the disable button to disable auto-breaking, and crashing through a wooden fence to drive to safety can save your car from getting crushed by large rolling rocks and trees which roll down a mountain which happen without advance warning when the mountain's dirt becomes loose from a lot of rain, earthquakes, vandals and terrorist attack.

I think auto-braking wouldn't be popular with people who are at risk for being kidnapped like a President, super rich person, or gangster who have many enemies. A kidnappers can suddenly stop a car with auto-braking by throwing large objects like a large cardboard box at the front of the car to activate auto-braking to stop a car, so the criminals can quickly break the car window to open the door, and drag the driver out of the car after opening the door, and taking out the car keys.

Last edited:
I believe it should be stabilized first or ....people should get comfortable with it.
Otherwise there is no point to it.

I feel auto-braking should be tested more to avoid car accidents caused by hardware problem, software crashes and bad code which cause a car to stop in the middle of a busy road, or on the train tracks when a train is coming toward your car.

Some drivers who believe in ghost may forget or don't know a car that they are driving has auto braking, and may think their car is being driven by a ghost, and scare the driver which can cause the driver to accidentally press the gas, and steer their car into another car, person, and object which is dangerous.

Back