Is depression getting worse from watching a lot of animes?

Emily185

Awards
Credits
To get to the point I have been in the anime fandom for a long time on several social media, and I have noticed that a lot of people are either depressed all the time, feeling suicidal, or have no motivation to do anything with their lives or are generally emotinally unstable and have some kind of mental illness.

Before you all come crying "but I am happy and even when I wasn't animes helped through bad times so no, you are lying :( " actually think about this seriously, this is not about how a single anime caused someone to commit suicide, but how the amount of watching anime can affect your mentality, also I'm not saying the whole anime fandom is affecting by this but it is a noticeable amount.

So yeah any ideas on this

I don't think its right to blame anime alone, even though some animes are heart rip smashing. This could be said for any tv show.

I agree with Demon_Skeith. There are many other tv shows that'll do that, not just this anime or that one.

I don't think you can blame just anime there are a number of reasons someone can be depressed or suicidal such as how their life is, what they have been through in life but also other TV shows that they may watch. I am not denying that maybe watching anime may not help how they feel but to solely blame it wouldn't be right.

I think watching a lot of sad anime is not the main reason which causes people to be depressed. There maybe other more serious reasons like being bullied at school or work, mental health issues, or money problems which causes them to watch a lot of sad anime because they can relate to the sad anime, give them something to do, or they feel the anime helps them with their sadness sort of like people who watch depressing dramas because the story is somewhat similar to their life.

I think watching a lot of sad anime is not the main reason which causes people to be depressed. There maybe other more serious reasons like being bullied at school or work, mental health issues, or money problems which causes them to watch a lot of sad anime because they can relate to the sad anime, give them something to do, or they feel the anime helps them with their sadness sort of like people who watch depressing dramas because the story is somewhat similar to their life.

It should be noted that anime like Wolf's Rain will leave you depressed at the end of every episode. It did for me and many others.

I don't from where I have heard this before but anime doesn't anything to do with someones's depression. It's just absurd. Anime is fin to watch and most of the time we get lost in another world while watching anime.

I hate when people user stuff like this for avoiding anime

I don't from where I have heard this before but anime doesn't anything to do with someones's depression. It's just absurd. Anime is fin to watch and most of the time we get lost in another world while watching anime.

You clearly have not watched Wofl's Rain. Depressing anime of all time that will pass on said feelings.

You clearly have not watched Wofl's Rain. Depressing anime of all time that will pass on said feelings.
I did. Everyone goes and at that time is sad to but depressing... Nope. It's just Anime. Even itachi's death..I was upset at first but now it's normal. If anyone is upset they could write their own fan fiction story. Well that's just my way of thinking I suppose

Back