Is Donkey Kong even in Mario Party 9?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
He doesn't seem to be in any official art or screenshots, listed at Mario Wiki or have a space you can land on in this game... have Nintendo finally got rid of him from the Mario Party series?

There are of course other possibilities, like him being a secret playable character or just not being shown yet, but is it possible he's been removed from the Mario Party series entirely now?

Gah, why secret?

I was never a fan of Donkey Kong.... but he should be in it! Why can't the bonus main guy be Toadsworth or something?

i dont see a reason to take him out completely...i think he is perfectly suited for mario party and am actually kind of surprised that he isn't a playable character as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be pretty stupid since he was one of the six first playable characters from Mario Party, the first game of the series, so totally deleting him from the series would kinda ruin the origins of the series... kinda... does someone understand what I mean?

I think it would be pretty stupid since he was one of the six first playable characters from Mario Party, the first game of the series, so totally deleting him from the series would kinda ruin the origins of the series... kinda... does someone understand what I mean?

Yeah, I understand you, heh.

Donkey Kong was a quality character, I don't get why they scrapped him and gave him a space instead. If he doesn't appear in this, I'll be very sad. I love me some ape antics.

I've never used DK and honestly I've never been a fan of DK, but the games would feel empty if he wasn't in the game at all.

well it doesnt matter to me, but if DK is taken out my friend will be pissed, we always play mario party 2 on wii im always mario, hes always DK (we call him dick lol) and my other firend aka his bro is always luigi

I love how in Mario Party 8, in Koopa's Tycoon Town, he drives up in that car and puts coins in your hotel
tongue.gif

Am I the only one that loves MP8?

I love how in Mario Party 8, in Koopa's Tycoon Town, he drives up in that car and puts coins in your hotel
tongue.gif

Am I the only one that loves MP8?

nope i love it too

Even if he DOES just get a space, he's still there, but it'll be pretty sad if he gets completely cut out from the series. Personally I want Diddy Kong to appear as a playable character. In fact a good roster the size of Mario Kart Wii's (with several characters replacing others, Bowser won't be playable if he still has his own spaces, and by heck he'd better have them) would be great. Just to give everyone a few more options to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he DOES just get a space, he's still there, but it'll be pretty sad if he gets completely cut out from the series. Personally I want Diddy Kong to appear as a playable character. In fact a good roster the size of Mario Kart Wii's (with several characters replacing others, Bowser won't be playable if he still has his own spaces, and by heck he'd better have them) would be great. Just to give everyone a few more options to choose from.
Oh please no diddy kong
Shocked.png
(he's too annoying, and doesnt fit in mario IMO)
I want Boo & Dry Bones and Hammer Bro back!

Wow I am surprised. He is the first popular mario character, before mario! This will be a mistake. (Not that anything will be done about it)

Back