Is dot tk doamin safe?

I think it is best to get a domain name with a .com, .org, and .net extensions because they are easier to remember than other extensions like .info.

froggyboy604 said:
I think it is best to get a domain name with a .com, .org, and .net extensions because they are easier to remember than other extensions like .info.
Agree with that. I have a .co.uk one given i'm in the UK. So yeah stick with something either local for you or a .com/.net/.org one.

.com and .net are probably the two most popular and recognizable ones. But they also tend to be more expensive than a .info or something like that. (New top level domains though can be much more costly though... So if they add like: .forum then that could be more expensive than .net. )

Also, watch out for TLDs that are for countries (ex- .ca, .de, .es, .eu, .us, ) since many of them cannot be whoisguarded. So anyone who wants to know your real name/info can do a whois to find you if you use one of them.  (And beware of lying about your name since if you're caught lying about that, they can take your domain from you and ban you from buying more.)

I used .TK years ago back when it was free.. it was pretty simple and easy but it broke down a lot. I don't know how it is now, but it also had alot of hackers making everyones .tk domains go to virus sites. But then again, this was years ago.

It was free and nice until hackers and mischievous took hold of this domain for wrong purpose.

Back