Is Google Android starting to have a better mobile gaming reputation than Apple iOS?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Google Android hardware have better gaming reputation to me when it comes to Android gaming hardware. There are more Google Android themed gaming devices the Nvidia Shield handheld, Shield TV console, and Shield Tablet, Ouya, Madcatz Mojo game console and, gaming smartphones like Razer Phone, and Asus ROG/Republic of Gamer phone, and gaming tablets like the Wikipad.

I think Android has more game console emulators than Apple iOS which ban game console emulators from the iOS app store. Android would be a better choice if you want to play emulators on a smartphone.

I feel some Apple iOS devices are not good for gaming because they cost more for the same amount of storage space, and there is no MicroSD card slot, so installing many big games and recording a lot of gameplay video with a screen recording app may not be possible unless you spend $1000 on a more expensive iPhone with more storage space . An iPhone XR 64GB cost $749 on Amazon. The Razer Phone 2 64GB Gaming Smartphone with 8GB of RAM and 1440P screen cost $500 on Amazon. The Razer phone also has a MicroSD memory card slot.

Well, may be...right now, Google is at the top.
It might change or might not change but from what's going on, we can be sure that Android reputation is getting better and better, in everything.

Maybe? I know Apple is coming out hitting hard with its new arcade system.

I feel Google Stadia game streaming could cause Google Android gaming to be more popular. Game companies who publish games in Google Stadia game streaming service may also publish a Google Android version of the game for people to play offline when they can't stream the game offline.

Chrome OS/Chromebooks can also now run Android games, and there are a few Google Chromebooks which has 128GB to 256GB of space which is enough space to install a few bigger size games.

Back