Is higher quality electronics more important than electronics with many more fancy features?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I prefer to buy more higher quality electronics like speakers, TV, and computers with fewer features like voice commands, a touchscreen, webcam, and fancy remote which I may rarely use. I rather buy electronics which are built better to survive hot temperatures, being dropped to the floor.

I do like quality more.

That's the reason why I selected Samsung phone even though I could get a cheaper phone with the same features from another brand.

I do like quality more.

That's the reason why I selected Samsung phone even though I could get a cheaper phone with the same features from another brand.

I sometimes buy cheaper models of phones made by brands like Samsung, LG, and Motorola since I don't need a lot of features. I'm afraid of things like the battery dying on cheaper phones, or somehow the battery or charger overheating and starting a fire.

Quality (and brand slightly) matters to be a lot over the features. If there was an unknown brand with some new features but there was an alternative by let's say, Samsung, I would probably go for the Samsung even if it didn't have the fancy new features.

Back