Is Hyrule Warriors Turning Into A Joke?

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
At the start, all we saw was Link fighting hoards of monsters in a fashion that was different from any Zelda game. It looked amazing. Imo anyway.

Then they added playable characters, which is awesome. Like Zelda. This is probably the first time the princess is playable in a Zelda game. Made by Nintendo that is. Then they had Impa. So I was hoping for more Sheikah history.

Then things started to go a bit... silly. I mean they added an original character, which is cool. I'm excited to learn her story. However they also added... Agitha. Wait you mean the bug girl from Twilight Princess? No kidding. She's now playable. Why? I don't know.

Now today they announced Fi would be a playable character... but how? Well obviously there will be Skyward Sword spoilers here so don't look. It gives away pretty much all of the game.

Anyway, Agitha is a young girl, I don't know how she'll fight, but Fi
is the spirit of the Master Sword. How will she fight? Will she swing herself?

I don't know. I mean the game still looks BA, don't get me wrong, and the addition of playable characters was an awesome idea, but the whole thing is like a huge joke. Next thing you know they'll add the poor girl from Wind Waker who used to be rich. Or they'll add Tingle.

What do you guys think of the "roster."

Tingle would actually make a cool support character. He could fly around the map and drop bombs at enemy bases.

Also we can assume that Ganondorf is in the game either as a playable character or main villain. If he's just a side boss though I'll be livid.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only character I'm excited for is Impa. I don't mind Agitha much( her fighting style isn't that bad), but Fi? There's a 95.89% chance that I won't be choosing her. She'll probably use her dance skating moves to attack. I don't like Fi very much And I have a feeling they will add Tingle. Hopefully the next character reveal will be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot that people like Tingle...Though I'm just saying. Adding random characters lessens the game I feel.

Seems fine to me. I think they're trying to make all the fans happy by letting them play as their favorite characters for once, and not just being stuck as Link. I don't see how letting you enjoy the game as the character you want to play as lessens the game any. Besides, just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it has to be all dour and serious sword fighting at all times...

Seems fine to me. I think they're trying to make all the fans happy by letting them play as their favorite characters for once, and not just being stuck as Link. I don't see how letting you enjoy the game as the character you want to play as lessens the game any. Besides, just because it's a Zelda game doesn't mean it has to be all dour and serious sword fighting at all times...

I understand, but Agitha would be a really obscure favorite.

I don't mind seeing obscure characters but I think it's odd to have one who isn't known for being able to fight...like... AT ALL.

Not sure. The latest choices are definitely questionable ones, but hey, they need all the characters they can get.

This game was originally a placeholder until the next WiiU Zelda game right? I think theyre just adding fan favorites so it can be fun for all audiences. Seems to be focused more on gameplay than story.

Isn't the game supposed to be a Zelda version of the Dynasty Warriors games? I have Dynasty Warriors 8 for the PS4, and it has over 80 playable characters in it, no joke. I'm sure they're living up to the expectation of having a ridiculous number of different playable characters all with unique weapons and moves. That's one of the things I enjoy about Dynasty Warriors at least- crazy hack and slash action and changing your character/moves/weapons between every level.

To answer the topic question: No. I'll tell you what it is turning into. It's turning into one of the funnest looking games on the WiiU, in my opinion. The skill trees and character options look fun and the interaction between these characters is really starting to interest me more and more. I'm really excited for this game to release.

Back