Is it annoying when your keyboard and mouse don't work in Windows?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, it is very annoying when the keyboard and mouse suddenly stops working in Windows because of a broken software driver.

I end up having to reinstall Windows XP on an older desktop which I own which fixed Windows not being able to use my Keyboard and mouse.

I like Linux more now because I never experience any keyboard and mouse problems on Linux. Keyboards and mouse usually work after I plug it into a Linux PC.

My only issue was my battery going in my wireless mouse, never had a driver issue.

Something i bought in 3 weeks, it went good, then it stopped working.

Something i bought in 3 weeks, it went good, then it stopped working.

Did you get to refund your broken mouse for your money back, or get to exchange it for a new working mouse or another brand of mouse?

It happened to me a few times...during those times...I really wanted to mash my computer for good....

Well, fixing the drivers should do the trick.

hard to do if you can't move the courser or type though :p

That is true. It is sometimes easier to somehow backup your files, and reinstall Windows instead of trying to learn how to use Windows with only the keyboard to install a driver, or do a system restore to an earlier date.

I think the Windows Install disc let users run a system restore to an earlier date when your mouse works. But, if you disable system restore in Windows, or your system restore files does not work, reinstalling Windows maybe the fastest way for most users to fix mouse driver problems.

Just happened yesterday, I was trying to drag some file into folders but aint working. Thought it was my mouse, but actually windows fault. :p

I once decided to plug in another mouse into a Windows XP computer, and I end up making the mouse not work where I needed to reinstall Windows because Windows restore did not work.

Why do you use Windows XP and not Winodws 10?
Windows XP reached EOL 5 years ago.

It was an old computer which can't handle Windows 10, and other newer computers like Vista, 7, 8, and 10. I sometimes use old computers to use older software which does not work in newer versions of Windows.

It was an old computer which can't handle Windows 10, and other newer computers like Vista, 7, 8, and 10. I sometimes use old computers to use older software which does not work in newer versions of Windows.

My computer is 10 years old, which is quite old.
It is Pentium Dual-Core 2.5Ghz with 4GB of memory.
I use Windows 10 there and it works great.

My computer is 10 years old, which is quite old.
It is Pentium Dual-Core 2.5Ghz with 4GB of memory.
I use Windows 10 there and it works great.

The computer I was using at the time was a Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz Single core CPU, and had 1 GB of RAM, so Windows 10 probably would not run good on Windows 10.

Back