PS3 Is it bad I still have a PS3?

Yup. You can have both but you have to select one as your primary system. Doesn't make much difference to anything though. PS+ carries across.

I was thinking for some reason it wouldn't work on PS3 if put on PS4.

I've still got my PlayStation 3 aswell as a PlayStation 4 that I still use, but in recent months my gaming as largely been on the latest version of the console. If you still enjoy playing games on the PlayStation 3 then who is anybody else to tell you to stop, but if you don't have either, then I probably wouldn't recommend buying a PlayStation 3 over the 4, as I wouldn't have that Sony would be supporting it for that much longer.

I don't think it's a bad thing. I want to buy a PS3 because they're way cheaper now that the ps4 is out.

Maybe wait a couple months for the price to decrease and the hype to lessen before you upgrade?

I see that as a good thing. I still own my PS3 and love it. I am looking into an Xbox One. Their are a lot of awesome games on PS3. I play mostly sports games on my console. One of the only reasons for me to upgrade is that their is a wider game selection on the new generation consoles.

It's not bad at all. I seriously still use my PS2 on occasion to play some of the old school SSX (Tricky in particular, God I've always loved that game) games and some of the older Tony Hawk Pro Skaters.
Though I guess PS2 is the most recent PlayStation console I've experienced...

Point being, if you're bad, I'm awful.

It's not bad at all. I seriously still use my PS2 on occasion to play some of the old school SSX (Tricky in particular, God I've always loved that game) games and some of the older Tony Hawk Pro Skaters.
Though I guess PS2 is the most recent PlayStation console I've experienced...

Point being, if you're bad, I'm awful.

In my humble opinion the PS2 remains the most successful console of all time, having sold the most units and having the most games available on the system. I still break mine out from time to time just to play the classics like Metal Gear and TimeSplitters.

I've moved on to PC gaming since then ;) There's honestly not much a console can do that a PC can't nowadays, unlike 10 years ago.

In my humble opinion the PS2 remains the most successful console of all time, having sold the most units and having the most games available on the system. I still break mine out from time to time just to play the classics like Metal Gear and TimeSplitters.

I've moved on to PC gaming since then ;) There's honestly not much a console can do that a PC can't nowadays, unlike 10 years ago.

PS2 for life!

As others have already said, you shouldn't feel ashamed or discouraged because you haven't upgraded.

If half of the consoles I had in the past hadn't been broken/used too much/were defective after years of use, I would be buying games off of Amazon for nostalgia purposes. I was in love with the Gamecube (I know, wrong topic), and I don't know what happened to force us to upgrade to a new system.

No harm, no foul.

It is terrible that you ask this because people have nothing to eat but that is a completely different subject. You should sell your PS3 and add some money that you probably have saved. It is a good investment if you ask me. You like your gadgets and this one is a top drawer gadget and it will be for some more years to come. I like PS3 personally. I had 3 of them for the purpose of my business but now I sold them all.

Well, in my opinion, I think that is not completely necessary to upgrade to the PS4, because, well... PS3 it's still a console. But if you're having problems with it and/or you're not really enjoying the experience and you have the money to buy the PS4, just go ahead! There's nothing wrong to treat ourselves once in a while.

I think it doesn't matter what game system you play. People need to get a life. If you want to play ps3 then play it. I'm thinking about getting a Nintendo 64 emulator and playing the game on my cellphone. Look man you have to do what you want. Forget people and do you.

I still use mine quite a bit as do my kids. I bought a few games shortly before my PS4 and i didnt feel like buying these games again for the 4 such as GTA. SO i just play it on that. Not that much difference really between the two and honestly if my 3 ever dies i can see myself buying another one.

There is nothing wrong with having an older console. I always try to buy the older console instead of the new one to save some money. While having the latest and greatest is nice it really isn't necessary in my opinion.

It's really up to you. I know you get used to these console cycles, but there is no need to upgrade if you don't feel like it. Also, I doubt that you have played all of the great games for PS3. If you want to save money and still have fun, there is no shame in exploring the back catalog of an older system.

I still have a PS3, I haven't upgraded yet. I have so many tech gadgets that I don't want to add another one. Do you think it would be worth it to upgrade to the PS4? From what I've seen it looks really cool.
I don't think it's bad at all! I still have an Xbox 360 and the original Wii. I had the original Playstation and immediately got the PS2 when it was released but I never ended up getting the PS3. I actually just got rid of the PS2 last year - I gave it and my games to one of my younger cousins. Personally, I prefer to wait a bit to update consoles. If you constantly get the newest one out not only is it extremely expensive but you might not notice the improvements in the systems as much as you will if you get one every other console, for instance. And I really don't mind not having the latest version out there right away. As long as I have games to play on my current console, I'm content.

If you're planning up upgrading Playstation consoles, I'd suggest just waiting until the new one that's coming out though. If you're going to buy one anyways, it'd make more sense to save up and buy the newest one. Then you'll have a bigger length of time before they stop making games for that specific console.

No way, why would it be bad. There are some great games for PS3. Just because everyone is rushing out to get the PS4 doesn't make the PS4 obsolete. It's still one of the best consoles out there.

Back