Is it harder to buy a 2019 Windows 10 Desktop computers from a retail store with slow web browsing performance?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it can be more difficult to walk into a retail store like Bestbuy and buy a very slow Windows 10 desktop computer made in 2019 with a slower CPU like Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, and slow storage drive which makes web browsing slower when using Firefox, Chrome, and other popular web browser to visit websites.

The computer sales workers at a retail computer store would sometimes try to convince buyers to spend more money on a faster Windows computer, so the worker makes more money, and the buyer is less likely to comeback to the store to complain because of slow performance when using a web browser, and other Windows programs.

There are still laptops with similar specs as you stated being sold in 2019, but they're sub $200 laptops that have basically taken the place of netbooks from back in the day.

a regular every day laptop these days has at least an i5 CPU in it now or equal AMD CPU, that'll do web browsing at a decent speed for around $299 or so.

The people at best buy generally don't know what they're talking about when you're buying a PC, so it's up to you, the buyer, to do your research and know what type of specs (CPU, GPU, ETC) that you need in your PC before purchase. :)

I buy my laptops at best buy for their protection plan because I went through 3 MSI laptops in the span of like a year and 6 months, my last MSI 'gaming laptop' lasted me a week and cost me $2,900........I got that back and put it owards an Alienware laptop that's a year old now and it's protected until July of 2021.

I think it can be more difficult to walk into a retail store like Bestbuy and buy a very slow Windows 10 desktop computer made in 2019 with a slower CPU like Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, and slow storage drive which makes web browsing slower when using Firefox, Chrome, and other popular web browser to visit websites.

The computer sales workers at a retail computer store would sometimes try to convince buyers to spend more money on a faster Windows computer, so the worker makes more money, and the buyer is less likely to comeback to the store to complain because of slow performance when using a web browser, and other Windows programs.

I know at staples, we sell a PC with a 128gb ssd, 4 gb ram and silver Pentium intel processor. Low specs aside, all PCs will run fast, though within 6 months to a year they will start to slow to a crawl.

that aside, retailers don't care what kind of PC you get, they want you to get the extras, their AV, their warranties, their services to set it up. If a customer walks out of a store with just the PC and nothing else, there are employees being yelled at.

There are still laptops with similar specs as you stated being sold in 2019, but they're sub $200 laptops that have basically taken the place of netbooks from back in the day.

a regular every day laptop these days has at least an i5 CPU in it now or equal AMD CPU, that'll do web browsing at a decent speed for around $299 or so.

The people at best buy generally don't know what they're talking about when you're buying a PC, so it's up to you, the buyer, to do your research and know what type of specs (CPU, GPU, ETC) that you need in your PC before purchase. :)

I buy my laptops at best buy for their protection plan because I went through 3 MSI laptops in the span of like a year and 6 months, my last MSI 'gaming laptop' lasted me a week and cost me $2,900........I got that back and put it owards an Alienware laptop that's a year old now and it's protected until July of 2021.

you won't see a i5 PC no cheaper than $400, maybe slightly. If you do, they are going cheap somewhere else on the PC which is going to make it junk.

And lol wut? How did you go through three and how did a 3k laptop not last a week? I have a MSI that is going two years for me now.

And lol wut? How did you go through three and how did a 3k laptop not last a week? I have a MSI that is going two years for me now.
No joke, but MSI is a bit of a joke at late. People have been updating their BIOS at late (Due to AMD releasing new CPUs) and sadly people had to rollback due to serious issues being caused.

that aside, retailers don't care what kind of PC you get, they want you to get the extras, their AV, their warranties, their services to set it up. If a customer walks out of a store with just the PC and nothing else, there are employees being yelled at.

I think some retailers also convince buyers to buy computer upgrades like hiring the store to upgrade the RAM, CPU, SSD, and video card for many hundreds of dollars, and also try to sell warranties for computers, and software like AVs and MS Office.

It's hard to get windows 10 on a low specs computer.
I don't think I have seen any low specs computer using windows 10 before.

It's hard to get windows 10 on a low specs computer.
I don't think I have seen any low specs computer using windows 10 before.

I rarely see low spec Windows 10 PC being sold at a retail store.

I think low spec Windows 10 computers can still be found at discount stores, used electronics stores, and eBay, Amazon, and websites where there are many buyers who actively search for a low spec computer because it was cheap, and they will mainly use a cheap computer to play music, and a picture slide show where a low spec computer is good enough for basic tasks like playing a music MP3 file.

Back