Is it too late to start a gaming channel?

lludawg

Awards
Credits
There are just so many YouTube gamers out there right now. I feel like if I started a gaming channel, it would just get lost in the crowd. However, I have some gaming ideas that would maybe make me stand out. Do you think it would be a good idea to try my luck? Or will it just be a waste of time? Seriously though, it takes a long time to create and edit videos.

If you feel your ideas will stand out, give them a try. Just know advertising and entertaining your viewers is the key.

Yeah, there's no reason not to. Creatively I throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall in terms of my YouTube videos, and it's fun to see what stands out, especially if I see something that could be getting made that isn't. Honestly, I think this is a great time because you can see cracks in what's not being covered, or not covered the way you like it.

Never to late. Never say never unless its a war against alkanes :p

Isn't easy though, my channel is empire24453 and three years of videos and stuff aren't going great. Gave up at the end. Isn't the fact I gave up it's because of doing websites. I see allot of gaming channels get 100 subscribe a day. What I hate that they get bigger and bigger and don't support the once that are small and old.

If you just make boring playthroughs without commentary, boring titles and with generic YouTube music and those template intros with some stupid name like xXxLoserPlayerGeneric12323xXx then you don't stand a chance. But if you turn all that around and have a unique channel with unique content e.g brand new games or mods for games or whatever, with a catchy channel name, a unique intro and some nice channel art then you can succeed. Some promotion would help, e.g buying views, social networks, (ads if you want to invest real money.)

It all depends on your approach to it all. A lot of YouTube viewers these days will stay loyal to the channels they watch, but then again, thousands of people are born every day, so thousands of people gain internet access and make YouTube accounts every day. Chances are one in those thousands will comes across your channel and they will tell their friends and so it goes. I found a lot of Youtubers like LeafyIsHere back when he only had about 100 subs, he has 3 MILLION now.

Last edited:
There is always room for creativity. You are free to try whatever you like, the only rule you should follow is to edit title and tags to be SEO friendly for the niche you are looking forward. And since you are going to do it in english, your chances are pretty much good as long as you nail it in regards of atracting an audience. And remember, being unique doesn't mean you have to go full original, original stuff can be crappy too. Angry videogame Nerd didn't create anything new but
developed a easily recognizable identity, for himself and his work. He could be a great inspiration
for any new gaming channel instead of PewDiePie or Brofresco

Takes time to build

If you just make boring playthroughs without commentary, captivating titles and with generic YouTube music and those template intros with some stupid name like xXxLoserPlayerGeneric12323xXx then you don't stand a chance. But if you turn all that around and have a unique channel with unique content e.g brand new games or mods for games or whatever, with a catchy channel name, a unique intro and some nice channel art then you can succeed. Some promotion would help, e.g buying views, social networks, (ads if you want to invest real money.)

It all depends on your approach to it all. A lot of YouTube viewers these days will stay loyal to the channels they watch, but then again, thousands of people are born every day, so thousands of people gain internet access and make YouTube accounts every day. Chances are one in those thousands will comes across your channel and they will tell their friends and so it goes. I found a lot of Youtubers like LeafyIsHere back when he only had about 100 subs, he has 3 MILLION now.

I meant boring titles, in the first line, (can't edit my posts?)

sorry about that, you should be able to edit now.

The differences between a gaming channel that contains unique content and high quality games versus the "boring titles and with generic YouTube music and those template intros" that are found on YouTube and similar channels are twofold. First, YouTube provides instant gratification for the users and those who post their latest music offerings, home videos and other digital material. The website is free so they can call, e-mail and text their friends and family to look at a link and get the desired response. Second, the unique gaming website/channel is going to have to rely on paid users (which shrinks the available user pool significantly) and will have to offer something fairly close in quality to today's best games. At $10/month, people are going to expect decent gameplay and titles and at $20/month, they'll be wanting the best .. and finding the quality content to fill the channel will be a big challenge.

I don't think it's too late. I have a friend and an acquaintance who both set up their channels within the past year. Both have done well enough that they get free games and affiliate offers. I don't think it's good to go into it expecting to be successful right away but it's definitely possible to start a new channel. You want something that makes you stand out, any kind of gaming niche. A good social media presence helps, too. If this is something you've always wanted to do, go for it :).

It is never too late, but it isn't something I would expect much from. Do it at your own pace, make it a labor of love, and if you can provide high quality content people will watch it. I don't think it is something you will make a living from any time soon, perhaps even ever, but if you aren't making it for profit then by all means, go for it. You will always find an audience, even if it starts out very small, it will continuously grow if you stick with it.

A lot is going to depend on why you want to start a gaming channel in the first place. If it's because your passionate about gaming and you feel like you can offer something that others can't the there's no reason not to start a gaming channel. If your only doing it to try and make some money then I think that ship might have sailed.

Like you say, there are countless gaming channels on YouTube alone and a lot of them are well established and have a lot of loyal subscribers, so to try an compete with them isn't going to be a fight you can't win I wouldn't have thought.

There are just so many YouTube gamers out there right now. I feel like if I started a gaming channel, it would just get lost in the crowd. However, I have some gaming ideas that would maybe make me stand out. Do you think it would be a good idea to try my luck? Or will it just be a waste of time? Seriously though, it takes a long time to create and edit videos.

The only thing that you can do is to try it out. I have seen some channels that were pretty repetitive, but every now and them, someone creates a channel that seems repetitive until you actually start to check out their videos.

They might be a gaming channel, but they might offer something different than just game walk throughs, they might talk about game guides or something like that. Just be different.

The internet is mature for a lot topics, but I think what you need to consider is if you are doing it for money, or you are doing it because it is something you enjoy doing... even without money or subscribers. In other words, do you have passion? because without passion or a huge marketing budget, you aren´t going to get anywhere.

Back