Is nintendo the only true video game company?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Keeping this debate to the big three, Sony, Nintendo and MS. Do you think Nintendo is the only true video game maker left?

I say yes as Nintendo seems to concentrate on games only, unlike the other two. In the past few months I've posted more news on their video games (via their nintendo direct) then I have with Sony and MS. It also shows that concentrating on games keeps Nintendo afloat as even though their systems don't pack the same power as a PlayStation or Xbox it still does good.

I say Sony is no longer a video game maker since they have clearly stated that they want the PS systems to be a :

home entertainment “nerve center” than a dedicated gaming system.

between their lack of games, poor advertising of their 1st party games (don't remember seeing one commercial for the new sly cooper game) and high price gadgets that have little backing, sony is digging their grave.

Microsoft is faring no better since they as well are moving away from a video game system to more of a kinect controlled home entertainment system. Even a Xbox founder has stated that the way it's being handle is painful to him. Besides that, Xbox is lacking in a lot of games and is really only being carried by Halo, they need some new game IPs and badly.

So do you believe Nintendo will remain as the only true video game maker?

Yes, Nintendo is the only true game conpany which makes both the console, and exclusive games.

Sega no longer makes consoles, but it still mostly make video games. I never considered Sony and MS to be true video game makers since they make other things like computers, tablets, electronics, software, and sell online services.

NeoGeo recently release a classic console for playing older NeoGeo games which you buy from its online store.

Steam's Steambox, Ouya, Gamestick, and Nvidia Shield would also be true gaming console companies when release.

Steam's Steambox, Ouya, Gamestick, and Nvidia Shield are also too small right now to officialy start supporting movies, music, streaming video, and other things since they still need to work on games for their systems, and would most likely just stick with improving their consoles and making and hiring gaming companies to make games for their consoles, and let the hackers, third party app developers, and hobbyist make apps for doing non-gaming tasks.

Pf, PS1 was for more innovative than the N64. >_> Same with the PS2 and GameCube. Also, Nintendo used to be a card game company now that I think of it.

You can't even compare game play across consoles, especially since Nintendo games are always the same game play. Playstation will always be more diverse than any Nintendo console.

That's a lie. Plus you have to start somewhere. Sony helped Nintendo with the N64 before making the PS1. PS2 took nothing from the GameCube, and it was much better than it in every aspect. The Move was a copy of the motion controllers, but the PS3 had everything the Wii didn't, then Nintendo made the Wii U and took the stuff from PS3/360 and put it onto their console and added a tablet, which is cool, but it's by no means innovative.

First of all, just saying Sony copies doesn't prove your point. All it shows is you have nothing to back your point up with. Second of all, Nintendo released the Wii. It had the minimal things the 7th generation had. Then they made the Wii U, and took the entire online features of the PS3 and 360 and put it on there, then added an iPad. They don't innovate, they just make it look like they did, then people buy into their bull. I have a Wii U, and I can assure you it's no different than Sony's idea of playing PSP to PS3, or PSV to PS4, which came out before Nintendo probably even thought of their game pad.

If you're going to bring up achievements, PS1 and PS2 games had achievements before the Xbox was even a thing. Nintendo wasn't the first copy to make up motion controls. Sony Smash Bros. isn't even a thing. If you are talking about All Stars, then Nintendo copied any fighting games before Super Smash Bros. that had collaborations.

And it's trying to convince a Scientologist that his religion doesn't make sense. :p

SNK's Neo Geo is still a true gaming company.

Neo Geo is not as big as Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation, but Neo Geo always made hand held consoles and games with the Neo Geo Brand like the current Neo Geo X hand held .

The main reason the Neo Geo never caught on because it's price tag was very high for its time for both the console and the games compared to the Gameboy.

SNK's Neo Geo is still a true gaming company.

Neo Geo is not as big as Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation, but Neo Geo always made hand held consoles and games with the Neo Geo Brand like the current Neo Geo X hand held .

The main reason the Neo Geo never caught on because it's price tag was very high for its time for both the console and the games compared to the Gameboy.

This definitely won't pick up. As I've said there's a wide variety of handhelds out there with GBA compatibility, sold for only $30-$50. Some can even play PS1 roms.

The Neo Geo X won't be as popular as most hand helds like the PSP, DS, and cheaper consoles, but the Neo Geo X still has a small fan following from fans of the original Neo Geo which want to play classic Neo Geo games on a handheld which also doubles as a TV console with the console attachment which comes with the Neo Geo.

The Neo Geo X won't be as popular as most hand helds like the PSP, DS, and cheaper consoles, but the Neo Geo X still has a small fan following from fans of the original Neo Geo which want to play classic Neo Geo games on a handheld which also doubles as a TV console with the console attachment which comes with the Neo Geo.

These consoles I talked about about also offer TV-out and HDMI support. So they are not offering anything new, and they wont be much of a competition unless they half their price and offer more games.

The Neo Geo X is not bringing anything new, but it is made by Neo Geo which brings back memories to fans of the original SDK and NeoGeo series.

I bet, if Sega decides to make a Re-Release Game Gear like NeoGeo with a lot of pre-loaded older classic game gear games on a SD card, there would be a small, but steady group of older gamers who would buy a re-release Game Gear because it brings back memories from their childhood.

Back