Is the rumor for a new Super Mario Galaxy for the 3DS true?

Shoutmon

Pokemon Nerd
Awards
Credits
I was looking at this site's gallery and found 2 strange pics:

gallery_728_160_515607.jpg

And
gallery_728_160_260005.jpg

No other website is talking about these,except a wiki going by 'Fantendo'.I'll quote it:

"Super Mario Galaxy 3DS is a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy 2 in development for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS.It is known to make use of the console's 3D capabilities and will most likely implement the unrevealed features of the handheld.This game will feuture all suits seen in the previous games,as well as old-school and brand-new ones."

Is this true?It only has details on an unreliable website for fanon,which makes it sound fake...but then there is 2 REAL pictures of it.I'm confused!! :squint:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure he's just using the 3DS image viewer, note how we never see the bottom screen.

Haha, I remember making these just as a response to the fake Zelda 3DS rumor, just to show how these can be easily made.

Haha, I remember making these just as a response to the fake Zelda 3DS rumor, just to show how these can be easily made.

(noob response)

You MEANIE.I got really excited about it. :( Oh well.There is a reason Koichi Hayashuda made 3D world rather than a new SMG.

Nope the pictures are fake. And the point of Fantendo as a website is that people there post their ideas for games they wish Nintendo would make, not articles about games that actually exist. In other words, fan fiction.

Sounds like a cool game if it were real.

No offence, Krookadile, but think about it...

FANtendo?

NO other sites have even mentioned it? Isn't it obvious that it's not real? If it was real, why the heck would it only be on a (stupid) fantendo thing?

And seriously, if you can't see that the 'screenshots' are showing Good Egg Galaxy from the original game, despite this apparently supposed to be a 'sequal'? (Also, it's spelt sequel. A proper wiki wouldn't have such a stupid spelling mistake).

Oh and another thing. See how it says 2012? Newsflash. It's 2013 now. It would have been out ages ago.

No offence, Krookadile, but think about it...

FANtendo?

NO other sites have even mentioned it? Isn't it obvious that it's not real? If it was real, why the heck would it only be on a (stupid) fantendo thing?

And seriously, if you can't see that the 'screenshots' are showing Good Egg Galaxy from the original game, despite this apparently supposed to be a 'sequal'? (Also, it's spelt sequel. A proper wiki wouldn't have such a stupid spelling mistake).

Oh and another thing. See how it says 2012? Newsflash. It's 2013 now. It would have been out ages ago.

309.gif

*Krookodile

You know when you look at a picture of someone, and it looks like someone, but it turns out to be someone else, and then people make out that you're blind or something?

Well.... is that Karen Gillan? (inb4omgitsnotherareyoublind?)

Mario Galaxy for 3DS sounds like a great idea. In theory.

Apparently Nintendo already looked into this:

Not to say they didn't experiment with having a Galaxy-esque experience
on the 3DS.
"When we started developing the game, we displayed Super
Mario Galaxy 2 on a small TV monitor and found that Mario looked like a
speck and that the game was difficult to play," he said. "This led us to
look into the camera and terrain types that would be conducive to
playing on a portable screen with a relatively large Mario.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/30/the-creation-of-super-mario-3d-land

Really, we don't need another Galaxy game. They're fun, but let's face it, it ran it's course. We need a new 3D Mario game not based on space.

Really, we don't need another Galaxy game. They're fun, but let's face it, it ran it's course. We need a new 3D Mario game not based on space.

I wouldn't object, but do we really? We have Super Mario 3D Land, and Super Mario 3D World is coming on Wii U. I assume that's about it for this console cycle.

I hate the people who don't understand what the word "3D Mario game" means

This is a definition of a 3D Mario game:

A Mario game... in a 3D environment. Simple

Whether it has 'linear' levels, with a flagpole at the end, or less linear levels with stars or collectible items like Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Galaxy 2, makes no difference. Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World are 3D Mario games. There's no such thing as a "proper 3D Mario game". There is such thing as a "traditional 3D Mario game", which would be like Super Mario 64.

Having said that, I wish they did a 3D Mario game, more like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine, and less like Galaxy 1 or 2.

Why? Because Sunshine is the VERY LAST 3D Mario platformer, which has ALL completely unique tasks (i.e. shines in this case).

All main shines (except the 24 you get from the Blue Coins) in the levels, and through out mini-levels and the Plaza (including Airstrip) were different enough. All the stars in Super Mario 64 were more or less completely unique.

By this, I mean you didn't have duplicates like... "Fast Foes of Tick Tock Clock" or "Eyerok Daredevil Run" or "Undersea Cavern Speed Run" or stuff. I wish Super Mario Galaxy 2's green stars weren't green stars, but either MORE actual missions, or even MORE entirely new galaxies. That would have made it one of the best 3D Mario games.

Anyway, I'm only saying all this, because of the people who claim Super Mario 3D World isn't a true 3D Mario game. Except, as I said. It's a 3D game, and it has Mario. 3D being "3D models" and not "stereoscopic". Which reminds me of people who complain when people call a Spiny Shell a blue shell. How many times have I seen "It's not called a blue shell?" A few. It's a blue shell (read: a shell that is blue), but that's not it's official name.

tl;dr version of this post:

Super Mario 3D World is a 3D Mario game whether you like it or not :p

I hate the people who don't understand what the word "3D Mario game" means

This is a definition of a 3D Mario game:

A Mario game... in a 3D environment. Simple

Whether it has 'linear' levels, with a flagpole at the end, or less linear levels with stars or collectible items like Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Galaxy 2, makes no difference. Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World are 3D Mario games. There's no such thing as a "proper 3D Mario game". There is such thing as a "traditional 3D Mario game", which would be like Super Mario 64.

Having said that, I wish they did a 3D Mario game, more like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine, and less like Galaxy 1 or 2.

Why? Because Sunshine is the VERY LAST 3D Mario platformer, which has ALL completely unique tasks (i.e. shines in this case).

All main shines (except the 24 you get from the Blue Coins) in the levels, and through out mini-levels and the Plaza (including Airstrip) were different enough. All the stars in Super Mario 64 were more or less completely unique.

By this, I mean you didn't have duplicates like... "Fast Foes of Tick Tock Clock" or "Eyerok Daredevil Run" or "Undersea Cavern Speed Run" or stuff. I wish Super Mario Galaxy 2's green stars weren't green stars, but either MORE actual missions, or even MORE entirely new galaxies. That would have made it one of the best 3D Mario games.

Anyway, I'm only saying all this, because of the people who claim Super Mario 3D World isn't a true 3D Mario game. Except, as I said. It's a 3D game, and it has Mario. 3D being "3D models" and not "stereoscopic". Which reminds me of people who complain when people call a Spiny Shell a blue shell. How many times have I seen "It's not called a blue shell?" A few. It's a blue shell (read: a shell that is blue), but that's not it's official name.

tl;dr version of this post:

Super Mario 3D World is a 3D Mario game whether you like it or not :p

tl;dr

Haha. Seriously though, who else hates it when people say that "Super Mario 3D World" isn't a "proper 3D Mario game", because it doesn't involve collecting stars? If anything, THIS is more like a proper 3D Mario game, because it's like traditional Mario gameplay (pre-Nintendo 64), just in 3D, like with Super Mario 3D Land.

Haha. Seriously though, who else hates it when people say that "Super Mario 3D World" isn't a "proper 3D Mario game", because it doesn't involve collecting stars? If anything, THIS is more like a proper 3D Mario game, because it's like traditional Mario gameplay (pre-Nintendo 64), just in 3D, like with Super Mario 3D Land.

tl;dr

tl;dr

Krookodile, please stop using 'tl;dr' as a post or you will be given a warning.

And how is it "too long"?

eh,I was being stupid XP

But anyways,go say that somewhere else,like YouTube.Everyone here already knows that that it's called 3D for the models and world and not the stereoscopic '3D',but on YouTube there is a lot of ignorants who keep saying:

"IR mah god Nimtendo is stupid caus tey dont kmnow that thids game iss mot 3D.Onlyy 3Ds gams ar in 3D!!!"

(yes,that IS an actual comment on the Mario 3D World Trailer).

Well,some of them are trolls,but the rest are pretty dumb people i guess. smh

Back