Is this even for 3DS?

It has been confirmed that this is for the DS, but some rumors have suggested that it may have 3D effects when played on the 3DS.

Some of you are really stupid sometimes.
The 3DS can't just MAKE a game have 3D effects. The game ITSELF has to be PROGRAMMED to be 3D. Just like, for example, a video has to be filmed IN high-definition to be viewed in high-definition. You can't just get a HD TV, and expect everything to be HD. It's still SD, just upscaled.

Also, aren't you forgetting? This game is ALREADY out. There's no "this may be for the 3DS". There's a "this game came out nearly 2 months ago in Japan for the DS".

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously it's DS since it's already out in Japan. I think that they did put the release date close to the 3DS release date though.

Yeah, but it would have been originally intended for DS. the only 3D we'll see for B&W is generic 3D.

Look, unless they completely remake the entire game to have 3D effects, you won't get a 3D B&W.

Think common sense. IF you just put a DS game in the 3DS, how the heck would the 3DS know whether "this bit" was farther or nearer than "that bit"? I.e. behind or in front? Listen carefully.

THE GAME IS ALREADY OUT! IT'S NOT "GOING TO BE ON ANYTHING". IT "IS"... NOT "WILL BE", BUT "IS"... FOR THE DS. IT WAS <-- WAS... PAST TENSE... (look it up)... --> RELEASED FOR THE DS.

Also, September 18, 2010 is no where near February 26, 2011.

Yep thats right DS.

Look, unless they completely remake the entire game to have 3D effects, you won't get a 3D B&W.

Think common sense. IF you just put a DS game in the 3DS, how the heck would the 3DS know whether "this bit" was farther or nearer than "that bit"? I.e. behind or in front? Listen carefully.

THE GAME IS ALREADY OUT! IT'S NOT "GOING TO BE ON ANYTHING". IT "IS"... NOT "WILL BE", BUT "IS"... FOR THE DS. IT WAS <-- WAS... PAST TENSE... (look it up)... --> RELEASED FOR THE DS.

Also, September 18, 2010 is no where near February 26, 2011.
It's less than 6 months.

Also the US release for the 3DS+ Pokemon Black and White will be even closer as the said release date is just "Spring" 2011.

Some of you are really stupid sometimes.
The 3DS can't just MAKE a game have 3D effects. The game ITSELF has to be PROGRAMMED to be 3D. Just like, for example, a video has to be filmed IN high-definition to be viewed in high-definition. You can't just get a HD TV, and expect everything to be HD. It's still SD, just upscaled.

Also, aren't you forgetting? This game is ALREADY out. There's no "this may be for the 3DS". There's a "this game came out nearly 2 months ago in Japan for the DS".

Yeah, so what if it has the 3D in the game, that only shows when played on the 3DS, then, it wont be the 3DS doing all the work.

I've only been here for about 2 days, and I don't want to start already.

The game was MADE for the DS. NOT for the 3DS. There is NO 3D. It's like expecting to play Super Mario Sunshine on the Wii and expecting Motion Control to suddenly be available. It has to be PROGRAMMED in 3D. You can't just put a GameCube game in a Wii and expect motion control. You can't just watch anything on a HD TV and expect HD quality. You can't just put a DS game in a 3DS and expect 3D. It's a DS game. Does anyone even understand that this is a game that's well and truly out? It's BEEN released. Normal everday average Japanese people are playing on this game. And non-Japanese people have been playing on it by means of either illegal downloading, or importing from Japan. People are acting like it's "still in development, and they MIGHT make it for the 3DS". 'Read' my 'lips'.
This game HAS BEEN MADE for the DS. It HAS BEEN RELEASED for the DS.

The bold parts are to emphasize the past tense. There's no "Will/would/can/could/shall/should be released". It's "has been".

Back