Is this the last console generation?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
We always hear that console or game sales are less nowadays due to phones and apps and other stuff, so is this true?

Is this really the last console generation, or will there be many afterwards?

Nah, consoles will be around for a long time to come. Phones can't replace them for gamers. They can steal a significant portion of the casual crowd though.

Nah, consoles will be around for a long time to come. Phones can't replace them for gamers. They can steal a significant portion of the casual crowd though.
If you're playing games like Sonic Dash, well, sure.
But, I agree; consoles will be around as long as us humans don't fuck everything up and we're forced to initiate nuclear annhialtion and live in Vaults and wear really weird blue-and-yellow jumpsuits.

I'm sure it's safe to say we'll see new consoles in the near future. Of course naturally technology and trends evolve over time, so I wouldn't be surprise how much influence the current mobile gaming landscape will have on future home consoles.

Consoles aren't going away any time soon, lots of people still prefer them to gaming PCs.

I do think you're going to see a merger between gaming PCs and consoles in the near future. The Steambox is an interesting idea and I feel other companies will follow suit either by developing their own from off the shelf parts or partnering up with Steam and building Steamboxes under their own brand.

What will go away is the psychical media, at least for your games. Instead you'll download them from a service like steam or the stores all the consoles currently have. For those that don't have access to broadband or simply don't want to play online a service will be set-up to accommodate them.

They'll just have to go to Wal-Mart or the local game shop, they buy the game at the counter or at a kiosk. The game with an encrypted code will be transferred to a thumb drive which the customer can take home and plug into his console. The console will transfer the game to the HDD and the thumb drive can be used again when the customer wants to buy a new game.

I enjoy PC gaming, especially when it comes to FPS and racing game. But the PC can't replace the simplicity of the console where you can just plug it up and sit in your easy chair and play. The PC makes it harder to have all your friends over playing Brawl or Halo at the same time. All those things are possible with the PC of course, but most people don't know how to do them or don't own a decent enough computer to bring over for the LAN party.

Back