Is your YouTube channel popular in specific countries only?

テクニカル諏訪子

土着神
Full GL Member
Credits
Profile Music
I'm always proud to say that I've been a YouTuber for over 11 years now.
But despite the fact we started off as a Netherlands-based channel, and have been like that for 11 years now, nobody ever heard about us domestically.
When I mention it, they first laugh at the name because it sounds quite weird in Dutch, but once they go and check the channel out they get shocked to see how many subscribers and views we've got.

However, we became very popular among the American public between 2008 and 2014, everyone in the USA knew who we were, but now we're "just some YouTuber" to them.
However, starting 2015, we gained lots of popularity in Japan, and Japan actually surpassed America in 2016 at every front, according to the Analytics.

I found the popularity a bit vague, because views and subscribers from Japan kept raising, but hardly any comment was ever being made (and when a video gets popular at some occasions, comments are mostly English).
However, I've recently joined a few Japanese Discord servers, once I mentioned my channel there, everyone suddenly seemed to be enlightened to be able to talk directly to a "YouTube star".

And today one of them even invited me to a Discord server to which I had to idea why.
The person inviting me seemed really shy too, and excused me a couple times after giving me an invite link.
And when I joined in, I was immediately praised as a God for being a popular YouTuber.

This all confirmed me that my popularity in Japan is real.
So the questions to you are, are you a popular YouTuber?
If so, from which countries do you get the most viewers/watch minutes/revenue/etc.?
And do the people from those countries actually know you?

It seems the few videos I have are mostly viewed in the USA region.

Back