Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Love the current IT movie? Want its sequel to come out? Congrats, Stephen King's IT: Chapter 2 will be released in theaters on September 6, 2019, New Line and Warner Bros. have announced.

Any delays pending of course.

I haven't seen the new IT movie, but I've heard good things. However, I don't see the second one being good at all. Why? Simple, IT was based off of a book by Stephen King. The old movie was good because of it. I don't know what they did for the new one, but being based off the book, I can assume that's the reason for its success. I don't think Hollywood can strike gold twice with a sequel that's not based off a book. Unless they have Stephen King help write it.

Plus, I hate unnecessary cash grabs on movies because of the name. It's why I refuse to watch The Hobbit. I read the book before the movies came out and the fact there's three movies for a book that's only a few hundred pages long is disgusting. It's not like LotR that has three books. Plus, I saw the first quarter of the first Hobbit movie and it was annoyingly bad. That's what I expect of the sequel. Just plain bad.

I haven't seen the new IT movie, but I've heard good things. However, I don't see the second one being good at all. Why? Simple, IT was based off of a book by Stephen King. The old movie was good because of it. I don't know what they did for the new one, but being based off the book, I can assume that's the reason for its success. I don't think Hollywood can strike gold twice with a sequel that's not based off a book. Unless they have Stephen King help write it.

Plus, I hate unnecessary cash grabs on movies because of the name. It's why I refuse to watch The Hobbit. I read the book before the movies came out and the fact there's three movies for a book that's only a few hundred pages long is disgusting. It's not like LotR that has three books. Plus, I saw the first quarter of the first Hobbit movie and it was annoyingly bad. That's what I expect of the sequel. Just plain bad.

Not sure if you know this, but the sequel will also be based off the book. The book had a 'kids' section and an 'adults' section, with the latter set in 1984–1985 rather than 1957–1958. The sequel adapts the latter part.

It (novel) - Wikipedia

Not sure if you know this, but the sequel will also be based off the book. The book had a 'kids' section and an 'adults' section, with the latter set in 1984–1985 rather than 1957–1958. The sequel adapts the latter part.

It (novel) - Wikipedia
Okay, that gives me more hope for it. I know in the old one it flipped flopped back and forth so, that kind of makes sense. It probably makes the film feel less cluttered.

I heard that they were taking the "IT" and splitting it into two movies when they decided to do the remake with the one that came out this year being the first of the two. I haven't seen the first movie but I plan on it once I've read the novel (I don't want the movie to taint my view of the novel).

Back