Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
qwertyoruiop on Twitter

In the above twitter pic, its shown by hacker qwertyuiop that its possible to get into the Switch OS to do more than what Nintendo allows you to do. Though this isn't a complete jailbreak, its proof that homebrew could be coming soon to the Switch.

Do you want the Switch to be jailbroken and if so what do you want seen done?

I think this would be good news for people who hope they can load games on the MicroSD card to emulate their old Nintendo games on the Switch since the Switch is not backwards compatible with games which they already own.

I'll never understand jailbreaking and homebrew. Can't people just be happy with what they have?

Nintendo better get their VC up and running before the hackers do!

It is amusing how hackers seem to get stuff up before the company does.

I'll never understand jailbreaking and homebrew. Can't people just be happy with what they have?

People don't really care for restrictions though, which is something I can understand.

Imagine having a portable NES, SNES, and Genesis in your bathroom at all times. Plus you gotta think of the kids and teens that get systems but don't have money and their parents don't buy them games very often.

Control is pretty much the major reason. People want to be use the devices they bought how they want to, not be told by that company that it can only be used certain ways.

I mean buying a locked device is like buying a computer but not having admin access. You can only run the programs/applications if they say so and you can't get rid of any ones you don't want. (Ones that may be open all the time, wasting battery power and not giving you any use. Or maybe ones that are reporting back to HQ and wasting your bandwidth/slowing your internet down.)
Cellphones are in ways even worse... A stock phone from a major company like Samsung throws in tons of crap bloatware that slows the phone down, spies on the user, wastes data, injects ads and possibly even allows security risks with third parties accessing data. (They do it on phones to help subsidize the cost of making the phone. It's why a normally $600 phone can be bought for like $130.)

Back