Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Meet George Jetson, his boy, Elroy, daughter Judy, and Jane, his wife -- but this time on the big screen.

Deadline reports that Warner Bros. -- which had long been working on a live-action adaptation of the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon -- is actively developing an animated feature film of The Jetsons.
The studio has hired Short Circuit remake writer Matt Lieberman to script the film, who Deadline claims "is working from scratch on a fully animated version."

The last time a Jetsons movie was in the news was in 2012 when there were reports of a live-action movie somehow involving Kanye West, but that incarnation appears to have fizzled out.
source

I'm surprised to hear about this.

there were reports of a live-action movie somehow involving Kanye West, but that incarnation appears to have fizzled out
This seems a bit strange, as I don't remember any black people being featured in The Jetsons animated series...

I'm looking forward to this new movie, however. I wonder why they put this show aside and never turned it into a live action movie. It had a lot of potential. And they already made two movies about The Flintstones, which didn't exactly flop... Hollywood studios really missed a chance by omitting this show... It had potential...

Back