Joe Biden withdraws from US presidential election race

cpvr

Full GL Member
Credits
US President Joe Biden has announced that he will end his candidacy for re-election, saying "it is in the best interest of my party and the country".

It comes four months before Americans go to the polls, upending the race for the White House.

It follows weeks of intense pressure from fellow Democrats after a faltering debate performance against Republican Donald Trump at the end of June.

In a letter posted to his social media account, he said it had been the greatest honour of his life to serve as president.

"And while it has been my intention to seek reelection, I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling the duties as President for the remainder of my term".

Source: Joe Biden ends re-election campaign

Whoever gets in the race has some ground to cover, because we have no ads really saying why to vote for the next candidate. Also knowing they are in on the same stuff or tell us anything different they can do from Joe, would make more sense than doing the same blame game.

Kamala better be able to debate her way out of a paper bag because that's all it would take to tear trump a anew asshole in september. I would have thought 90 mins would have been not enough to list all the reasons trump he should never be voted for again but joe spent that time mumbling and falling asleep. So many angles to attack him....... being impeached twice, convicted 34 times, having his mugshot taken, having FBI raid his house, found liable for sexual assault, rape and business fraud. Bring up his stupid wall and ask him why Mexico didn't pay for it AND immigration hasn't slowed down. I mean his own vice president and vast majority of his cabinet won't be endorsing him this time around, ask him to explain that.

Oh thank god, Dems had no chance with him and I did not want the country led by a man past his age.

Still, Kamala or whoever takes over, has one hell of a disadvantage going, they will be on no sleep for the next few months making up for lost time.

Biden only endorsed Harris but it doesn’t mean that she’ll be the nominee yet. Many top Dems who called on Biden to step down also want to be in the running!

Biden only endorsed Harris but it doesn’t mean that she’ll be the nominee yet. Many top Dems who called on Biden to step down also want to be in the running!

There's no time for people to be fighting for the front runner, need to push one out and get them to win.

I would vote for Trump, and be glad that this would be his final term of his life (and not to mention, he would be the second president (after Grover Cleveland) to serve 2 non-consecutive terms!)! Plus, after what happened during that rally, who wouldn't want to vote for him? I'm not a fan of Trump (honestly, I don't think anyone else is, but people do love making fun of him, and he is quite a hoot on social media), but he should get a second chance!

I would vote for Trump, and be glad that this would be his final term of his life (and not to mention, he would be the second president (after Grover Cleveland) to serve 2 non-consecutive terms!)! Plus, after what happened during that rally, who wouldn't want to vote for him? I'm not a fan of Trump (honestly, I don't think anyone else is, but people do love making fun of him, and he is quite a hoot on social media), but he should get a second chance!

I'd be fearful he wouldn't leave after his term was done. Also his 90 minute speech didn't sound good for this country.

I'd be fearful he wouldn't leave after his term was done. Also his 90 minute speech didn't sound good for this country.
You know most of my thoughts on this… I feel like if he is reelected, he isn’t releasing control of the country until he’s dead.

I was afraid to start up a conversation on the umm... things Trump has done and said but if that's allowed I'd actually be really interested in doing so.

I was afraid to start up a conversation on the umm... things Trump has done and said but if that's allowed I'd actually be really interested in doing so.

Let's not get too extreme, let's just say where things are headed and leave it at that.

And after all, it's up to the people to decide who becomes president!
Not really. Because it's dependent on the EC votes. The person with the most votes won't always win. The Electoral College vote totals determine the winner. Electors can also violate their pledge, happened before. Trump lost the popular vote by millions, but he won the Electoral College vote totals so he was President before.

The next debate could be interesting to watch, Prosecutor vs convicted felon lol

Last edited:
Not really. Because it's dependent on the EC votes. The person with the most votes won't always win. The Electoral College vote totals determine the winner. Electors can also violate their pledge, happened before. Trump lost the popular vote by millions, but he won the Electoral College vote totals so he was President before.

The next debate could be interesting to watch, Prosecutor vs convicted felon lol
So yeah, Bush wasn't the popular vote but had the higher electoral vote. So even if we did see a higher popular vote we barely have any control over who is leading.
Hence there are only two terms per president. To be honest, there were a lot of people picked as a part of Joe's cabinet who have been around since Obama. I kind of see it as the Green New Deal folks and around the time they were in office some states legalized weed. So all the renewable stuff and the electric cars that can't run the grid when we all switch, combined with the high gas prices and no strategic reserve, is still the future they were planning on.

EC needs to be disbanded.

Democrats on Wednesday adopted the rules the party will use to choose their presidential nominee, with voting to officially nominate Kamala harris to begin August 1.

It’s looking like it’ll be Harris vs Trump now.

So yeah, Bush wasn't the popular vote but had the higher electoral vote. So even if we did see a higher popular vote we barely have any control over who is leading.

EC needs to be disbanded.

In order to have a 100% Fair election, yes the EC Voting System must be abolished. However, in order for it to happen the Constitution must be amended to abolish the Electoral College system. To do that it requires support from two-thirds of both houses of Congress and three-quarters of the 50 states. With many Republicans still in favor of the EC voting system it's still hard for it to happen anytime soon.

kbblyzeju0uuf_4rjazhyq.png

Back