froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

That is scary that his phone 'Just exploded' while it was on a table. It is lucky no one got seriously hurt.

I wonder would there be more Note 4 Explosions which happen randomly.

*slowly looks at my own note 4 phone*

Just what I wanted to hear....

*slowly looks at my own note 4 phone*

Just what I wanted to hear....

It could be a good idea to carry your Note 4 in a hard metal box, and not carry the Note 4 in a pocket close to your chest, front pant's pocket, or stomach.

Using a headset mic can be safer since a phone exploding close to your ear and mouth can be very dangerous.

It could be a good idea to carry your Note 4 in a hard metal box, and not carry the Note 4 in a pocket close to your chest, front pant's pocket, or stomach.

Using a headset mic can be safer since a phone exploding close to your ear and mouth can be very dangerous.

yeah, that will look good carrying around a metal box. But lets be honest, we are all carrying around bombs these days.

yeah, that will look good carrying around a metal box. But lets be honest, we are all carrying around bombs these days.

A small metal pencil box would also work. The small metal box would not be very noticeable with most non-tight jeans, and work clothes with bigger pockets to carry pencils, and keys. I find those small metal business card holder boxes nice looking, and can make you look more professional in a office job.

I think regular non-smartphones are safer from exploding, but explosions can still happen since the batteries are made of the same materials.

A small metal box is probably a bad idea. Encasing a "bomb" in metal only adds shrapnel to the mix if/when it goes off. That force has to go somewhere and compressing it only makes things worse when the material inevitably fails.

A small metal box is probably a bad idea. Encasing a "bomb" in metal only adds shrapnel to the mix if/when it goes off. That force has to go somewhere and compressing it only makes things worse when the material inevitably fails.

pretty much this, unless you have something made to contain a explosion but I'm pretty sure we're talking a very thick metal dome of special metal.

pretty much this, unless you have something made to contain a explosion but I'm pretty sure we're talking a very thick metal dome of special metal.

Maybe wrapping a metal box in bullet proof material would help contain an explosion, and the metal box on the inside prevents the phone fire and heat from spreading to your body and clothes.

I think the smartphone battery explosions are usually weak because the batteries are most likely designed to weakly explode to prevent blowing off the user's hand in an accidental explosion, so the explosions may not have the power to blow up some metal boxes.

A few metal iPhones exploded and the metal case did not break into pieces, and things may of been worse if the case was made of plastic which is flammable.

Back