Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
King Charles III is expected to be crowned on June 3 next year in a ceremony at Westminster Abbey, UK officials said. By June next year the king will be 74, making him the oldest person to be crowned in British history. It has been widely reported that the coronation will be a smaller, more modest version of earlier ceremonies, with space for representatives of different faiths and community groups in line with modern Britain’s diversity. Charles will be crowned alongside his wife, the Queen Consort, Camilla.

The "Pampered Prince" is now a "Pampered King" lol

from NY Post:

King Charles was reportedly nicknamed the “pampered prince” by his staff at Clarence House, where he lived with his wife Queen Consort Camilla from 2003 until he recently took the throne.

Paul Burrell, who served as a butler to Queen Elizabeth and Princess Diana, revealed the precise directions the king’s staff are given to care for him, from ironing his shoelaces to putting toothpaste on his toothbrush.

His pajamas are pressed every morning, his shoelaces are pressed flat with an iron, the bath plug has to be in a certain position, and the water temperature has to be just tepid,” in a bathtub filled “only half full,” Burrell said.

The king even “has his valets squeeze one inch of toothpaste onto his toothbrush every morning.”

After getting ready, King Charles’ strict morning routine is continued with his breakfast.

“Prince Charles has a healthier option. He’d have homemade bread, a bowl of fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices,” said chef Graham Newbould, a former member of the royal staff.

“Wherever the prince goes in the world, the breakfast box goes with him. He has six different types of honey, some special mueslis, his dried fruit and anything that’s a bit special that he is a bit fussy about.”

He also supposedly insists his cheese and biscuits be warmed to a certain temperature at the end of meals and makes his staff keep a warming tray nearby “since he’s particular about everything,” a royal insider told MyLondon.

Along with his breakfast box, King Charles allegedly sends a van of his possessions to his friends’ country houses ahead of his arrival to unload his “bed, furniture and even pictures,” Tina Brown reported in “The Palace Papers.”

He reportedly even brings his own toilet seat and Kleenex Velvet toilet paper wherever he goes.

from NY Post:

King Charles was reportedly nicknamed the “pampered prince” by his staff at Clarence House, where he lived with his wife Queen Consort Camilla from 2003 until he recently took the throne.

Paul Burrell, who served as a butler to Queen Elizabeth and Princess Diana, revealed the precise directions the king’s staff are given to care for him, from ironing his shoelaces to putting toothpaste on his toothbrush.

His pajamas are pressed every morning, his shoelaces are pressed flat with an iron, the bath plug has to be in a certain position, and the water temperature has to be just tepid,” in a bathtub filled “only half full,” Burrell said.

The king even “has his valets squeeze one inch of toothpaste onto his toothbrush every morning.”

After getting ready, King Charles’ strict morning routine is continued with his breakfast.

“Prince Charles has a healthier option. He’d have homemade bread, a bowl of fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices,” said chef Graham Newbould, a former member of the royal staff.

“Wherever the prince goes in the world, the breakfast box goes with him. He has six different types of honey, some special mueslis, his dried fruit and anything that’s a bit special that he is a bit fussy about.”

He also supposedly insists his cheese and biscuits be warmed to a certain temperature at the end of meals and makes his staff keep a warming tray nearby “since he’s particular about everything,” a royal insider told MyLondon.

Along with his breakfast box, King Charles allegedly sends a van of his possessions to his friends’ country houses ahead of his arrival to unload his “bed, furniture and even pictures,” Tina Brown reported in “The Palace Papers.”

He reportedly even brings his own toilet seat and Kleenex Velvet toilet paper wherever he goes.

Can't say I blame him on the toilet seat...

Why are they waiting that long to do his coronation? (sorry for the stupid question)

Takes time to get everything ready, planned, supplies ordered, time for people to attend, ect. Though given his age I would think they would want it a lot sooner, the old man could kneel over before he is officially crowned.

Takes time to get everything ready, planned, supplies ordered, time for people to attend, ect. Though given his age I would think they would want it a lot sooner, the old man could kneel over before he is officially crowned.

You make a good point but I was thinking about the later when I asked that question earlier. Don't get me wrong.....I don't want to see anybody kneel over. It's just that that would suck if you finally got your opportunity to become king and then you kick the bucket before you're officially crowned.

from NY Post:

Kleenex product placement. Nice.

Actually that was not the date, the true date is: Saturday, May 6, 2023, at Westminster Abbey in London.

Early, but still a long ways off.
Hopefully US and Canada gets a day off that to day to watch it

Actually that was not the date, the true date is: Saturday, May 6, 2023, at Westminster Abbey in London.

Early, but still a long ways off.

If he dies before reaching the date then William will be king instead lol

Hopefully, everything goes well with King Charles III being crowned the king.

If it didn't happen for the queen's death, it won't happen for this.
It did for Canada and I think for US but of Government Officials not ordinary folks

The US isn’t a Commonwealth nation, unlike Canada.
We are but the common wealth goes to the government as anything to do with the House of Commons holidays etc. only the Canadian Government can use it

We are but the common wealth goes to the government as anything to do with the House of Commons holidays etc. only the Canadian Government can use it
I’m talking about how Canada has a higher chance of it than the US, as we have absolutely nothing to do with UK politics or royalty. We’re completely separate.

If i don't get a day off and have to put up weeks of discussion about it, I'll be so pissed off haha

Back