Kingdom Hearts 3

So damn excited when I heard about this. I've been waiting for a sequel since forever. KH2 was the bomb and I hope KH3 would fare much better. Although the only pain is that it'll be released only for the new consoles, meaning more $$$ to fork out. :/

daenerys said:
What is it that makes these games so great? I've never played one myself, I've always thought the concept looked silly to me, running around an RPG with Donald Duck and stuff? They must be great though, they're immensely popular and always mentioned as being amazing. Looks like it's coming out for XBox as well as PS4, from my quick research. 

I think it was the battle system what hook most, you were fighting like people in Final fantasy but you just weren't standing around in a ATB stance. The story and characters also made it good.

I have always wanted to play the Kingdom Hearts series but never had a Playstation until I bought the PS3. I initially had one with backwards compatibility but I couldn't get a hold of the Kingdom Hearts games for a decent price. Does anyone know if the older ones will be released on the PSN soon? I think I recall that they were going to add them there.

Ohyesuare said:
Does anyone know if the older ones will be released on the PSN soon? I think I recall that they were going to add them there.
They're releasing some HD Remix something or other in the US this fall, though it doesn't have the second game in the collection.  I'll take what I can get since my first game disc is completely wrecked from people mishandling it.

Can I take a moment to praise the inbetweenquels creator?  I feel as if I need to add that to my vocabulary now.

To add on, development HAS begun since some time ago, but the producers had said that other Square Enix titles are taking up their time and resources, and they couldn't focus on KH3.

Also, the game is nice because Disney characters are classic for us born in the 90s and before. Maybe not to everyone, but to a considerably big audience. Even though I'm in my 20s now, I still feel it's epic to play a good action RPG containing characters from my childhood. Although it MAY seem childish in some perspective, but really you have to play the game to see that it's not.

daenerys said:
What is it that makes these games so great? I've never played one myself, I've always thought the concept looked silly to me, running around an RPG with Donald Duck and stuff? They must be great though, they're immensely popular and always mentioned as being amazing. Looks like it's coming out for XBox as well as PS4, from my quick research. 
I partly thought that it was the active/menu battle system, which was amazing when I expected something similar to Final Fantasy. It's a nice cross between action and menu. The story and music was also really great. 

When I first saw KH1, I almost didn't buy it because I thought it was quite silly too. My friend convinced me though and I'm glad he did. 

lianymode said:
This game has so much potential now that Disney bought Marvel and Star Wars. I mean..could you imagine the crazy character combinations?  Tifa + Storm Trooper + Hulk?! Hahaha. I'm excited to see fan art in the near future with this! 
Drooling... Having The Incredible Hulk in your party is a no brainer. Would you even need magic? LoL.

Well I never really got into the whole Kingdom of Hearts, not because I wasn't interested in it, but rather because I never really had access to any of the games and often forgot that the games even existed. I think though that if I were to grab a PS4, I will take a look into getting Kingdom of Hearts 3, because it looks like a lot of fun and I love the graphics. 

Plus being able to have crazy character combinations would just be epic!

TheDude said:
Drooling... Having The Incredible Hulk in your party is a no brainer. Would you even need magic? LoL.
Haha! You probably wouldn't need magic, but it would certainly add more fun to the game (at least it'll keep me more amused with my short attention span haha!).

Cannot wait. I think there is no release date due to the fact that PS4 itself does not have a release date either! But SE are on lots of projects and I guess thats why.. :(

-Paul

Crazzyy_ said:
Cannot wait. I think there is no release date due to the fact that PS4 itself does not have a release date either! But SE are on lots of projects and I guess thats why.. :(

-Paul
They've also said that they're actually pretty early in production - earlier than they'd normally even show it. That could contribute to why there's no release date.

EdenSB said:
They've also said that they're actually pretty early in production - earlier than they'd normally even show it. That could contribute to why there's no release date.
Well, that explains why so much of the trailer was "look at all these previous games of the series!"  Seriously though, it had me laughing that it was mostly composed of older game footage.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  They threw us a bone and basically everyone jumped on it.

This one surely has a lot of fans on the edge of their seat.

I thought it looked great and I'm really glad they showed this at E3.

I wa shearing a lot of talk for this. Maybe I'll have to get into the Kingdom hearts series.

It's great that it's been announced at last. Never really been into KH's story but I love the gameplay, so I'm looking forward to it. I haven't even played all those handheld games yet, though!

I hope we'll see screenshots soon and maybe, a full character list. KH 1 and 2 were awesome although I haven't played as much as I would have loved to. I sold my PS2 and that was it. With the addition of Star Wars and Marvel, yes, we should have something for every player! And it would have been great to have a release date... or release quarter... or even year! Hopefully it will be in the next one. 

How long has it been since i waited for this announcement? For more than 5 years, that is certain, specially because i bought a PS3 because i was expecting this and Final Fantasy Versus.
Now i will have to buy a PS4. Oh well, great marketing at least, Sony.

BlackSolaris said:
How long has it been since i waited for this announcement? For more than 5 years, that is certain, specially because i bought a PS3 because i was expecting this and Final Fantasy Versus.
Now i will have to buy a PS4. Oh well, great marketing at least, Sony.
FFXIII-VS is now FFXV. Also, it's on XB1, too, so yeah.

Back