Multi Kingdom Hearts 4 and Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link Announced at the Series' 20th Anniversary Event

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

Kingdom Hearts 4 and Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link were officially announced at the series' 20th anniversary event.

While no platforms or release date/window for Kingdom Hearts 4 was revealed, we do get a glimpse of Sora in the new world of Quadratum, a quick look at gameplay, and an ending tease complete with Donald and Goofy.

The footage we were given shows an artstyle that very much resembles the previous games, but it has a much more realistic look this time around. Square Enix has also confirmed that the game is in "early development," so the wait may be a tough one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this series had a lot of good going for it except that it has always been on PS and the cloud versions of those aren't good for most people without a solid internet connection. The DS and GBA had a good run of them though however they were more or less considered side games and not numbered like the main three. I just hope if it comes to Switch it's not shown as a game that is to be avoided in terms of quality and can avoid the cloud version. Maybe because the story is based on a new arc there will be changes but I see no forthcoming hope as of yet for that. At least we have a solid spinoff side game to play while waiting. Sora in Smash as well.

Got to post the trailers when making topics like these ;)

Glad to hear 4 is in the works, but not liking the life like style of it.

The trailer was apparently just a clip and nothing really of importance.

Sora again, dang it needs another new MC.

Couldn't care less about the mobile games, but Kingdom Hearts 4 looks so pretty! Sora looks like he made a transformation from Disney character to Final Fantasy character, but its fine. I feel like realistic looking Sora will fit into this environment more. It sucks that we didn't get a release date meaning it'll probably like another 2 years. :( At least that's my guess. I'd be so happy if it was out within a year.

Couldn't care less about the mobile games, but Kingdom Hearts 4 looks so pretty! Sora looks like he made a transformation from Disney character to Final Fantasy character, but its fine. I feel like realistic looking Sora will fit into this environment more. It sucks that we didn't get a release date meaning it'll probably like another 2 years. :( At least that's my guess. I'd be so happy if it was out within a year.

Yeah, had to say something for the 20th anniversary.

I enjoyed playing Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on the Playstation 2. KH 4 looks like a fun action RPG. The graphics look great, and the gameplay looks fun.

Yeah, had to say something for the 20th anniversary.
I mean, I get it. I'm just glad we don't have to sit through 5 years of side games, I hope.

Also, last night, I saw according to Nomura, Sora looks the way he does because he's in Quadratum. Meaning that if Sora ever leaves, his style might change or if he spends the whole game here, he'll probably look cartoony again in the next game.

Back