Kingdom Hearts DS Update

Spiritwarrior

Lurking
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Following up on our report on Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep for the PSP, we've got the latest on the new DS entry in the series, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Square Enix has drafted Japanese development studio H.A.N.D. for the new game, but the regulars are, of course, overseeing the project. Tetsuya Nomura is the director, with Tomohiro Hasegawa, who served as art director and was responsible for texture work in Kingdom Hearts II, serving as co-director. On the HAND side, the head of production is Kouji Yamamoto. He previously worked on Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book.

The three shared new details on the game in an interview with Famitsu.

The storyline this time around focuses on Roxas and his days with Organization XIII. The game will tell the story of why why Roxas attempted to enter the Organization XIII, and eventually why he attempted to leave. The game starts off when Roxas enters Organization XIII, but we could end up seeing his birth in the game's prologue.

Looking at the Kingdom Hearts story timeline, the game takes place before Kingdom Hearts II, during the one year period where Sora is asleep. Sora's memory is being reconstructed during that time. The development staff is currently thinking up some methods for incorporating the ability to see Sora's memories into the game; this is just in the idea phase, but it could involve something that focuses on the connection between Sora and Roxas.

Read more here

I wish that Nintendo would get more of Kingdom Hearts.

Nice. I am still hopeful that KH 3 may make it to the Wii (I know it's doubtful, but I can hope).

Ouch, that sucks....get with it. No PSP, no PS3, no Wii.....so sad...j/k.

By the time KH3 comes out, you could save up for a Wii.

Back