League of Legends vs DoTA

fuzyon01

Credits
I know.. I know, the eternal battle of two giant MOBA games, but I know everyone has a side when it comes to this "duel". I am a LoL player and of course I'm going to say League is better, but I do have some fair points that I would like to share.
Firstly, I think it's the funnier game, not the best when it comes to gameplay. I feel like it's much easier to make plays in LoL rather than DoTA where you need to be more of a strategic mastermind.
Secondly, League has the better competitive scene and online community. despite all the toxicity and the Dynamic Queue Riot implemented recently I think they've done a pretty good job to have a healthy relationship with the players and it seems like they're only going to grow if they keep listening to community feedback.
So.. except for the gameplay I think League of Legends is the better game here. Does anyone agree?

On the contrary, I play Dota. A lot. And I've got to disagree with you on some points you made.

League has better competitive scene.
Saying that LoL has better competitive scene than Dota is a big statement. Yeah, I agree there might be more LoL tournaments annually, but how can you overlook the prize pools of The Internationals and The Majors. These 4 tournaments annually have a total prize pool of 25 million $ (and counting) and then you have these 'smaller' tournaments like ESL One, The Summit, etc which boast a prize pool of 100k-500k$ or so.

Riot listens.
I can't say a lot on this, but I have heard that a lot of pros didn't like the new queue system, and a lot of people have made the switch from LoL to DotA just because of that.

I do have to agree that DotA is harder and more punishing at certain times, and the learning curve of DotA is way too steep.

Only tried dota and this is the game that so many got crazy with for long time even until now.

I'm firmly on the DotA camp, probably because I started off playing Warcraft III's DotA AllStars. Overall I think that DotA is more mechanically challenging and flexible, the metas come and go making for a more interesting game. There's really no fixed roles for any hero e.g. Alchemist can go hard carry or support depending on how you build him.

I don't really see why this needs to be such a big debate. I play LoL but I have checked out DotA. Since I started with LoL, I've grown attached to its style and its champions, so that's the main reason why I doubt I'll be switching. Generally I think people like the one that they start out with and there's nothing wrong with that. They're probably both great games. LoL does also have special game modes like URF and Legend of the Poro King and as far as I'm aware, DotA does not have anything similar to that.

I play LoL and I really like but,and I can't say DOTA is bad.I didn't play it and probably never will,but it seems a lot more harder than LoL.

Well, first of let me announce that I'm of the DoTA *erhem* "Masterace" *erhem*

Since I play both games I guess I can give quite a valid opinion on this matter. Both games have their pros and cons. However, I feel like LoL is getting quite "old" and needs some massive rework if it wants to keep its community. The new dynamic queue is causing quite a riot (lol) [wow double puns] in its community and I've never seen such an influx of players from LoL to DoTA in my life until that update.

Also, for those arguing that LoL has different game modes, DoTA has custom games where the community can creat their own game using the engine. Lobby creation for playing those games are supporting in the client as well. Someone actually tried to create Lol in DoTA LMAO~ Talk about next level...

I was originally a DotA player. War3. I must say, DotA have much more complicated mechanics which means we can see more things or we can do so much more with it. Pretty much mind game if you ask me. But I'm a League player now and agreed, it's much more enjoyable. I'm not saying dota/dota2 is not but it depends on the player.

I've tried out both games, League a bit more than DotA. I feel like league is a bit more simple and a bit more friendly towards more casual players. Some of my friends who barely play PC games managed to get into League and I think that's what makes LoL great. Mechanics-wise i'd say DotA is way more complicated, but i don't think that's necessarily a good thing.

Back