Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
emnkKZA.png

Wait, what? And why? A new leak has revealed that Pepsi — yes, that Pepsi — is making an Android phone. Android Headlines has spotted a listing for a new phone on a Chinese website called the Pepsi P1 that appears to be Pepsi’s first attempt at making its own smartphone. Despite selling for roughly $200, it looks like the device will have some decent specs.

The device features a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a 1.7 GHz MediaTek processor, a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and a 3000 mAh battery. This is what the device will look like:

Read More

This does look like a nice phone from Pepsi. The specs are pretty good for a $200 phone. I'm surprise that it has a 1080P 5.5 inch display, and 13 megapixel rear camera.

I bet, this phone is most likely a re-branded Chinese Android phone which Pepsi hired to puts the Pepsi logo on the back of the phone, and the background wallpaper in Android.

Why would anyone in the world want to buy that? It's basically just free advertising for them though isn't it. Looks quite similar to a HTC to be honest. Specs are probably disgusting :p

Why would anyone in the world want to buy that? It's basically just free advertising for them though isn't it. Looks quite similar to a HTC to be honest. Specs are probably disgusting :p

It probably cost less than a similar smartphone, or comes for free when you sign-up for a 1-2 year cell phone service contract because Pepsi will probably sell the phone for less money because of the free advertising from people using a Pepsi phone.

I bet, it maybe given away for free when you buy many bottles of Pepsi soda.

The Specs are good since the phone has a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a 1.7 GHz MediaTek processor, a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and a 3000 mAh battery according to the article.

It is not the fastest smartphone, but it is good enough for using most Android apps, and games.

It probably cost less than a similar smartphone, or comes for free when you sign-up for a 1-2 year cell phone service contract because Pepsi will probably sell the phone for less money because of the free advertising from people using a Pepsi phone.

I bet, it maybe given away for free when you buy many bottles of Pepsi soda.

The Specs are good since the phone has a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a 1.7 GHz MediaTek processor, a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and a 3000 mAh battery according to the article.

It is not the fastest smartphone, but it is good enough for using most Android apps, and games.
Oh sorry I didn't see the specs at the bottom of your post. They actually seem quite good. Except from the fact that it looks horrible it should run well. It has a bigger interal storage and better camera than my phone :grin:

I wonder if Coca Cola or other brands will make their own smartphones too in the near future...

I think, as the price of smartphones and parts become cheaper, more companies will make them to use as promotional items for free and cheap advertising when people use their device in public or on the Web where some apps like Tapatalk may say posted from Pepsi phone.

But, I think Coca Cola and Pepsi will give them away when you bought hundreds of bottles of Soda or collected enough codes to redeem for points from the bottom of bottle caps to trade the points in for a smartphone instead of something else like a T-shirt, MP3 players, or movie tickets.

I think car branded smartphones could have a lot of fans because there are some people who are huge fans of car brands especially fans who watch car racing events, or race their car with others,

There is also a Lamborghini themed Android phone which cost $6000.

Back