Leave at home or go with you?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Do you take gaming with you when you go on vacation or do you tend to leave it at home? Why or why not?

There may be times when I'll take my Nintendo 3DS. I may use it to keep me entertained in the car or on the air plane while we are in transit to wherever our destination is.

I usually only take my handheld systems while on vacation since they're quicker and easier to access. At the same time though I don't like taking my systems out of my house. I have a very strict "trust nobody" rule. It's the main reason why if something doesn't fit in my pocket, it's not going with me.

When I used to take vacations I would take a handheld console with me. But these days everything stays at homebase.

When I used to take vacations I would take a handheld console with me. But these days everything stays at homebase.

I'm kind of the same way. I may take my 3DS with me but most of the time my stuff doesn't leave the house (and it won't leave the house as long as I have something to say about it).

If I'm on vacation I typically carry my Nintendo DS and literally just one game, since I take it with me for the sole purpose of killing time in between traveling. I love going places but hate the process of getting there so gaming instantly makes it better.

Otherwise, I'd rather not distract myself with video games and just enjoy the experience of being in a new place.

I leave it at home. For me it's more relaxing to listen to music while you are out. Gaming on the go would require either an expensive laptop or phone, and from where I'm from, it's gonna be a huge target sign for robbers or thieves for that matter. It's too much risk for little reward since you won't get as good of a performance you would get for the PC, and unless you have a lot of free time on the road, you won't get to use them much either.

I take handheld consoles on holiday, though that's usually only the case when I'm going away for a decently long time (aka at least a week), not on daytrips or anything slightly longer.

Not sure I'll do the same thing about the Nintendo Switch though. Seems a tad expensive to lose if anything goes wrong.

Leave it at home. I go on vacation/holiday to spend time with my girlfriend and view nice places, relax and disconnect. So gaming stays away.

Not usually - if I'm going somewhere for a while, it's probably because there's something else I have there to enjoy. Though I will admit that about a year ago when I was out on a camping trip I spent almost every free second I could alone so I could play Zero Time Dilemma when it came out, heh... Fortunately, there aren't any other portable series' I would anticipate or be as obsessed with, so hopefully I won't get carried away in the future!

Well the only handheld console I have is the Nintendo DS so I'm not touching that or bringing it on holiday. I hate the thing now :grin:. I'm not going to be carrying around a PS4 either on my holiday. I will probably just play games on my phone if I do ever get bored although I might look at buying a PSP for cheap and play some of my favourite GTA titles on it

Back