LG Phone "Maniac" Won't Give Up on LG...

isn't LG's quad dac audio supposed to be the best?
Not knocking the quality of the DAC, but it’s pretty easy to say you have the best DAC when most of your competition doesn’t have one. DACS are just a traditional way of producing sound.

Tbh you’d need some extra stuff to really tell the difference with most of these phones. You’d need lossless files of songs that are mastered well, and some really nice headphones to really tell the difference.

When you’re streaming Spotify (which uses a lossy format) on decent or worse headphones, it’s all basically going to sound the same.

I always thought that Sony phones would have the better audio considering they have quite a lot of experience in the sound department.

I always thought that Sony phones would have the better audio considering they have quite a lot of experience in the sound department.
Their LDAC codecs are pretty good that they put in phones.

Tbh a lot of people aren’t audio people, so you can easily fool them with EQ settings. You can hand someone two identical devices and say “item #2 has a better DAC” and all you did was have the first one have a flat EQ and the second one has the bass boosted.

Reactions: Ash
That's just awesome.
I never knew anyone who is obsessed with a particular brand this way. That's really so cool.

Back