Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Logitech and Tencent announced a partnership to develop a new cloud gaming handheld console with a release planned for later this year. The new console will combine Logitech G's expertise in hardware with Tencent Games' expertise in software services. Additionally, Logitech is working with Xbox Cloud Gaming and Nvidia GeForce Now cloud streaming teams for official support on the new console. Multiple cloud gaming services are expected to support Logitech and Tencent's new handheld platform.

I wish Logitech and Tencent good luck on making a cloud gaming console. Hopefully, the console will be affordable, and have some offline games to play when there is no internet.

Logitech? Sure. But not sure about Tencent getting involved in this. Also not sure how great a cloud gaming device is considering even with really great internet, you just can't have a great multiplayer experience.

But I already have my Switch to play Pokemon Unite. What good does another device do except make the chip shortage worse?

I think a Tencent Cloud Game console will only be released in China because it is a Chinese Internet company which is not as popular outside of China.

I'm not sure many people outside of China will buy a Chinese branded Cloud game console when people can use their PC, tablet, phone, and Smart TV to play Google Stadia, Xbox Cloud, Nvidia Geforce Now, and Playstation Now streaming games.

I think a Tencent Cloud Game console will only be released in China because it is a Chinese Internet company which is not as popular outside of China.

I'm not sure many people outside of China will buy a Chinese branded Cloud game console when people can use their PC, tablet, phone, and Smart TV to play Google Stadia, Xbox Cloud, Nvidia Geforce Now, and Playstation Now streaming games.
I feel like because it's in English, then it must be an overseas gig too.

I feel like because it's in English, then it must be an overseas gig too.

That's a good point that this console would be sold overseas because the announcement is in English.

I feel this console could be sold globally if they sell it mostly online, or sell in low quantities at stores like Gamestop, and start making more to sell in other countries if there is a lot of demand for it.

I wish Logitech and Tencent good luck on making a cloud gaming console. Hopefully, the console will be affordable, and have some offline games to play when there is no internet.
I agree with you that Logitech and Tencent have a great opportunity to make a great cloud gaming console. Cloud gaming is a growing market, and there is a lot of potential for a well-made console.

Back