Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

This is what the USA government is thinking right now and as such is looking at getting them banned, at least on a young kid's game level.

Do you think Loot boxes is a form of gambling?

I feel loot boxes are not gambling since the digital prizes in loot boxes don't include winning money like buying a lottery ticket, and digital loot box prizes can't usually be re-sold like winning physical items like gift cards as prizes for buying a lottery ticket.

Loot boxes remind me of trading cards like buying a pack of Pokemon cards where you may get a cool Pokemon cards, or get a bunch of cards which you already own.

Last edited:
It's great that this is happening, I'm slightly worried about what the developers will come up with next to increase their revenue. Hopefully, they finally open their eyes and start making story DLC etc.

And then you've also got the problem of microtransactions. This only works against loot boxes which most games don't go with anyway. We're still going to scenarios like GTA where everything is super expensive and you have to pay for virtual money

I think it's not since they just trow some tons of games or any other things behind them and they were not into type of lottery like paying and winning.

Back